Anyone else hates their father? (not a rant)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by .420., Nov 15, 2009.

1. Well, I'm 20 years old and still live with my parents, yeah I know, I'am a college student working at crappy retail job. My father is a great provider, but he's obessed with money. Ever since I was born,

My father would go to work on sunday and then come back friday every single year for 20 years now.

He is not a social person, does not watch tv, drink beer, and/or smoke. He reads alot of book though, which is kinda of cool. He never kissed my mom infront of me or anything, but yells alot and fight alot. My mother is awesome she isn't a push over she a warrior when it comes to my dad.

I'am saving my money to move out, because it's time to get my shit together, but I just hate my dad. He never played with me or took me anywhere as a child, his intrest is strickly money. I feel if I was a penny then my father would care for me. I' just hate him. I hate the two days he's home I really do! I'm not even upset it's just that I came to this conclusion. When my father is home, I just feel akward. It's like we can't talk about girls, movies, sports, tv, religion, and or anything.

BTW he is NOT a religious person!

I feel fucking sick every time I see him and he is extremly stubborn. I hate myself, because I see myself as him, thats why I hate him and I always feel depressed. I can't fucking stand him!

IDK?

2. I have some fairly serious disagreements with both of my parents. I try to communicate with them as little as possible.

3. You only have one dad man make the best of it

4. this hurts me to say but i use to feel this way about m dad. his top priority was alcohol. would call and say "get ready we are goin to eat" on friday and wouldnt come home at all ill monday but then he was there for maybe an hour then left to work and drink some more.This was his daily routine, wake up at 5 AM and go to work, call my mom and argue so he has a reason to drink, come home completely fucked up and threaten us, leave to get more drunk.
    i spent some but very little time with him and it was hard to really dealw ith not having a dad around to help me out with hings i needed him for. i use to hate a lot of things about him. but now hes sick, and he docs havnt ruled out cancer and are very worried, as am i being he has he same symptoms of pancreatic cancer as my gramps who just died his year had. even though it may not be it... you never want to picture your dad lying on his death bed cuz of something.. dont let this hate get the best of you. cuz if something does happen. its gonna hit you pretty hard.

5. Yea man, what your saying makes alot of sense, things are just fucked up ya'know. Hey man I hope your old man pulls through. Life seems so crazy. I don't know about my old man, I just feel real tense around him. I feel mad akward, because throughout my child hood he wasn't there, and now I'm a man and things are fucking akward. I dunno, bro But you do make alot of sense. I don't know how to approach the situation.

6. Does he stay in a hotel while he's working?

7. na he's drinks alot of coffee alot, I believe he's addicted to caffine.

8. He stays up 96 hours out of the week? For 4 days, he doesn't sleep. Then on Friday, he sleeps?

Sounds unbelievable.

9. thx man. the best way i found to handle it is not hold it against them so much. just appreciate them being there. i didnt ever do things just with my dad either.. my mom had to tell him to take me places.but if you keep holdin your hostility towards him nothing will ever work. talk to him tell him you wanna sit with him and talk like men and explain that you wanna get a father son bond going that you missed out on.

EDIT: also try suggesting that you guys go fishing one day or just do something on a certain day to build your relationship. dads sometimes need a reality check to realize that what they are doing isnt right.

10. Try not to sweat it too much man. Get your paper up and move out. You'll find once your on your own that the big issues with your parents become small when you decide the terms on which you communicate.

Once you get on your own and create your own identity and shape your life the way you want then you'll probably not hate him so much as hating (anyone) takes way too much energy.

11. I hate both my parents and have lost all feelings towards either of them.
    Especially my dad. We've never connected and I've never had a proper conversation with him about anything.

I respect them, its just that it feels like every fuckin thing I do, they find ways to fight me about it and ALWAYS choose the the side thats against me. They never agree with me and must find it amusing to piss me off just about every day.

I just think their dissapointed that not all three of their children turned out the way they wanted and cant handle that fact. So fuck em.

12. sorta like this.

except my mom is cool as fuck, but shes in jail. my dad has his nice moments, but he disgusts me most of the time.

as far as the rest of my family, i try to contact them every once in a while, but keep my distance at the same time.

13. bro i know exactly what you mean my dad and i wereway tight when i was little but my parents got a divorce when i was seven and i used to visit my dad every weekend tell i was ten then he just totally lost all contact with me and i havent talked to him since i got his phone number and i kind of miss him but can never ever forgive him

14. maybe he's just needs money to live, idk.
    My dad's KIND OF like that, but I THINK I'm in a different situation.
    My mom's always the one who takes me out and stuff and like my dad goes on family vacations with us once in a while.
    but it was always my mom who supported me at a basketball or soccer game and shit.

but now i understand that my dad works a lot cus we need the money and i guess i can kinda feel that he loves me,

idk if that helped but that's my situation.

I'm sure he still loves you ..
    if he doesnt, then idk.

oh ya but if they knew i smoked they'd kill me or kic meout of th ehouse lol

15. I love my mom more than words can explain; & I hate my father more than words can explan...That close minded cocksucker! Pardon my french...

16. dude i dont want this to sound mean in anyway....but moveout man.

my relationship with both my parents improved GREATLY once i was out of the house. even my relationship with my father improved, and i have not lived with him since i was like 2, he doesnt even live in the same state.

what sucks is im about to move back home for a few months since i didnt save up enough to get a new place once this lease is up. im really hoping it does not reverse how far my mother and i have come in our relationship. i think things will be better this time around since she knows i can be out on my own.

once you move out, it really is a mutual understanding between you and your parents that you are now an adult.

shit ever since i moved out my mom has been alright with me smoking pot lol. plus i got my medical card, but she actually will sit down with me and talk to me about all the stuff she heres in the news abotu weed and stuff like that. she even asked me to giver her some....and this all happened once i was gone.

17. Pops died when I was two. =/

18. i dont like my father, i tried living with him(rents are divorced) and hated it,
    i like my step-dad alot more

19. My dad had a drug problem in the 90's and I rarely saw him for most of my life. He is more in my life now that he's clean, but he just isn't the same as he was when I was little. He's a bit crazy if you know what i mean. My mom provided for me my whole life, and still helps me pay bills if im short. She was always a bit strict, but that's from my standards. I was an awful son now that I look back. I was always nice, kna mean? But I was and still am a graff writer, I smoked weed since as long as I remember, and I got average to below average grades. My parents were and are good people, so they accepted me and I love them both for that. I hope nothing bad happens to them until the day they die.

20. yeah im the same way with my father....like i mean he can be cool and all but al other times he picks fights with me and pisses me the fuck off...he doesnt try to hurt me or anything jst becuase the last time he did tht i gave him a little right cross to the face