Anyone else hate living in a dorm?

Discussion in 'General' started by smokeRises, Dec 10, 2010.

1. It's 3:30 AM where I am now, and I'd like to be sleeping, but I can't because there are people in hall being loud enough for me to hear. This is not an uncommon occurrence on my floor, and it's really frustrating and annoying. I really don't understand why all these people don't value sleep as much as me, it's just really ridiculous that people can be that inconsiderate to the people you're forced to live near.
    I'm sorry for the rant, anyone else have problems livin in a dorm?

2. Man up and politely tell them to shut the fuck up.

3. I hated living in a dorm, I felt like I never had any privacy. I had to keep my door locked all the time cause I had friends that would just come in without knocking (yes, I tried telling them to stop and eventually it worked)
    Invest in some earplugs if you haven't yet and if they don't work then people are probably being way too loud and you should try talking to them. Tell them you didn't say anything at first because you didn't wanna be a douche but that not getting enough sleep has been seriously effecting you. It's probably finals week or somewhere close to that now and that's a completely legitimate reason to bring up.

Good luck dude and try to get outta there for next semester if you can. I moved out of the dorms early cause of my MMJ card and not being able to medicate in the dorms.

4. Dorm life was the best because everyone acted like adults who turned to fools on part nights...oh that was every night...But the were cool people who reciprocated with pleasure. Either say something or hold your peace, but do somehing.

5. Your dorm should have quiet hours (like 11 or 12).

The RA should be monitoring that shit, if not them him/her. If you're having trouble sleeping, then most likely some others around are too. Plus, they're being rude as shit.

6. Just relax, and take it all in.... its dorm life. What are doing?

7. I hate living in uni accomodatiom (same as a dorm right?) because for the last 3 nights the fucking fire alarm has gone off. Late night drunken cooking I presume.

..although last night it went off and I checked the time...

4:20...

:smoke:

8. I love it, somethings always happening. But if you hate it so much get an off-campus apartment. Itll be alot cheaper depending on your area

9. Dorms suck. Are you in first year?

Wait till you get to move off campus. Hell yeah.