Anyone Else Going To Work Without Any Sleep?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by heknowsnothing., Jun 10, 2014.

1. I got stupid high last night/afternoon, and it resulted in me staring at my computer screen till 5:55 AM this morning haha. I've got to leave for work in about half an hour, I feel crusty as fuck and I'm pretty sure I've got a bit of a bongover. No cigarettes either which makes for one angry motherfucker.

Anyone else done the early morning shift after a night of no sleep? I did it last Friday, was out with a few people at a friends house, ended up taking a few pills and drinking a lot and before I knew it it was 5:30 AM Saturday, ready for me to get in my car and drive to work. Had to get my friend to pick me up and take me to the factory, and I think I spent the first hour or two at least on the toilet that morning.

Anyone got any fucked up no sleep work stories? 

2. Been there done that. Opening shift at the store I work at. Getting up at 530 in the AM sucks major ass, but having the whole day to yourself doesn't.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I did it a few months ago. It was horrible, but not as bad as i thought it would be.
    I work fixing printers in a lab, i just chilled and took it easy the whole day. The joint at lunch time helped, though.

High or not, life's great.

4. #4 Old School Smoker, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    Bad memories of staying up for 3 days on un-mentionables. Then I went to work Monday morning and hopped on a forklift. I am damn lucky i didn't kill anyone or myself. This all took place back in the 1980's.

5. I've gone to work fucked up in a multitude of ways but sleep deprived is not one of them, or one I recommend.

6. Fuck yeah maybe 4 hours of sleep max. Plus my boss lied to me about the 8 hour shift that's now a 12 hour one.

So vexed but only 3 hours left.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

7. I work @ 7AM every morning and I hate when I do this. get stupid high and start feeling yourself.. end up just doing pointless shit high as a kite until 5 AM... go to work and end up being sober and tired as fuck... get off work @ 4:30... welcome to the club.....

8. ^ a little bit shorter than my hours :) I personally like it though. I called out once cause I had an hour and a half of sleep and no way id last 12 hours in the sun in July

9. Just happened to me today. Got off at midnight last night, ran some errands with my girl, drank some wine had awesome sex, went to sleep around 5. Had to be up at 7 to work at 8am, and im here till midnight again and back tomorrow at 8am haha. $$$

10. I've done it a lot over the years, especially when i worked third shift and would have classes in the daytime.  you get used to it after a while.  just stay busy so you don't feel as tired.

11. On Sunday I took a trip and traveling makes me an insomniac so I went to bed at 4 and woke up for work at 8.

I felt like a druggy tripping on a work night never again.

12. Been unemployed for a while, so usually this problem happens before I go fishing.

Sucks when you have to concentrate and have fun while you begin 'ghosting' and you feel dead, lol

13. When I was pretty heavy into a certain unmentionable I did just about everything on zero sleep. It was pretty fucked. I remember there being times where my total time slept per week was about 15 hours. A good week was where I'd for around 8 hours every other night. 

that's how i am ever since I worked overnight for a year.  except without an unmentionable, it's just naturally.