Anyone else go to church high

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Sonymon, May 19, 2009.

1. when im sober and i go to church i am bored as fuck but when i get ripped i loove stiing in church its wierd lol

any one else like to get ripped before church

2. Never tried going to church high, but reading the bible yes all the time

3. I only go to church for funerals/weddings/obligations really. I almost went baked to church when my whole family went on my nana's 1 year anniversary of passing, but i know nana wouldnt approve, so i didnt. It had nothing to do with trying to make a shitty experience better - just, i hardly go to church, and i would have liked to have gotten a different perspective of it. My family always comes first though

someday when im bored, perhaps... and on shrooms lol, that'd be insane

4. If i was a church I would embrace it it seems like it could aid for spiritual purposes so if I went to church I would totally go baked, it would make for some epic sermons.

5. Sounds like the Holy Spirit. :)

6. Some people say going to church high is wrong as the body if your temple .. I also know though that holy spirit and pentecostal people believe in the spirit and it's great infectious power ...

I feel that doing something that opens your mind can only improve your beliefs and the your weed would only act as an MAOI inhibitor product to your thoughts on your belief and the like ..

I know that when I get high that I enjoy a good show or a good movie or a sermon .. though I mostly tend to lose myself in thought ... Oh well .. I'm probably no help to this thread but I figured I'd try a little talk on it :)

peace !

7. Rastafarians participate in bible studies while high. xD
    They believe that smoking and then reading the bible is a spiritually cleansing/enlightening event, and they do it aaaaaaallllllllllll the time. xD
    Aaaand, considering I'm Atheist, if I were to be forced to a religious preaching I would most certainly make sure I was blazed out of my mind so I didn't punch someone out/yell things out in the middle of a sermon.

8. Why even go to church if youre going to be high? You must not really be religious and are only going for your familys sake, am I right? Thats fucked

9. I go in still feeling it from Saturday night, but no one can tell.

10. if it's boring why the fuck are you there?

11. I think i would be way more into it. I have never been high though.

12. I allways hold off until after bro i think its disrepectfull to god, to go in there high as fuk. With that being said i allways read the bible high and it really helps but you have to understan that although very different weed is like beer it takes you from your soberness not being sober while in church just doesnt seem right. Also as for the body being gods temple yes its true but prescription medicine and alcohol cause way more damage so im not shure god is worried about that i think he would worry more about cigs. (idk im not god) Just try and pay attention while your in there not only will time fly by you will enjoy it. I hate how people hate something they dont understand and maybe people wouldnt be so bored if they actually listened!!:)

13. i was never really religious as a kid since i didnt really see any fatcual basis for it. I like empircle evidence and even when i was like 11 i knew that i was pretty much nothing in the bigger scope of the universe. Anyway, once i took some shrooms and went to church... it didnt make me become a religious fanatic or anything but i did see the point behind religions and unfortunately their major flaws and wrongs they do. All in all it was rewarding and a learning experiance.

14. I go to church with my 84 year old grandma on sundays because it makes her happy when I go with her. plus she feeds me and lets me live at her place rent free while i am finishing up school. I get ripped and go to church on sunday and i make my grandma happy at the same time. if it weren't for my upbringing I would most likely be agnostic or atheist but because I was always forced to go to church and because I have sat through countless hours in ccd and getting confirmed in the church and what not it is more just like a habbit now. I don't feel it is always boring, but getting high before I go always gives me a new way of looking at god and religion and faith in general.

15. so i see alot of people think that its messed up to go high.. but i do it as well..
    and i dont think its wrong because i love going to church in the first place, i actually even work there. and my church is really great and a fun place to be and as long as i can still be respectful and can do my job i see no reason why it wouldnt be okay.. god created pot in the first place and to me its not about 'religion' its about my relationship with Christ, so yeah, i get high before church...

smoke on:smoking::D

16. God created Pot. yeah, so what? God created everything.

17. What a bunch of fools you guys are

18. not trying to be rude, but what do you mean by fools? that i said god created pot? or that i go to church high?....what exactly?

19. "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat." … And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:29-31)

"I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs. For afore harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches." (Isaiah 18:4-5)

20. First of all Hi, if thats you in the pik DAng ur very pretty;) lol anyways i wanted to say that i realize god made pot but he also made alcohol. Do you think god wants you drunk at church? What im saying is simply can we hold of on the things that make us high or drunk for 2 hours?? Jesus I mean if we cant even go to church with our normal state of mind then we need god alot more then you guys think.:eek: