Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone else get the funk?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by miztokealot, Dec 18, 2011.

1. In my circle of friends, sometimes they get "the funk". I personally never got it before, but I think I got it now.

It started when I got a sinus infection a month ago. After I got feeling better I still had all this mucus in my lungs. Mucinex didn't work at all. When I do cough it up, it's all green. And I don't mean like mucus green, but I mean like brown/green.

I haven't smoked in about a week to prepare for a drug test, but I'm still coughing this funk up. Anyone get this before? And if you have do you know if it's just a body's reaction to not having smoked in a while or smoking too much?

It's pretty terrible...I feel like I'm grossing people out when I cough because I have to spit this crap out, they look at me like I'm some sort of leper lol

2. Medically speaking, there's a few options here. Your body goes through a detox process, when you quit smoking abruptly in some cases, expelling all that gunk. BUT the symptoms you're describing are right in line with chronic bronchitis, and you may want to make an appointment with your doctor, get an X-ray, and maybe some anti-biotics, which may help you along. Just my .02

3. I went to the dr when I first got my sinus infection. He gave me anti-biotics, and those didn't do anything, so I don't think it's an infection. It doesn't really hurt to cough up, it's just rather annoying as I'm coughing up and having to find a toilet or something to spit into all day.

I don't have a job right now so I can't afford the co-pay.

4. This happens to me once or twice a year I just go to the doctors, take the antibiotics (usually something called the z-pack) take my multi vitamins and wait it out, pretty sure it's not from smoking but i wouldn't recommend smoking while you have it. It will take a lot longer to go away

5. I had this once a long time ago, my aunt recommend I drink alot of water, pure juice, gatorate and eat healthier. It worked for me, so you should try this

6. lol at thread title. The only funk I get I smoke...

7. Yeah, he gave me a z pack which like I said in an earlier post, didn't do anything. Wondering how long I'm going to have to wait. It has improved a significant amount over the past month, but I still feel like this isn't normal. I haven't smoked in about a week, and I've cut down my cigarettes to about 3 or 4 a day.

Last time I went to the hospital, they even gave me a breathing treatment because they said it sounded so bad in my lungs. That didn't do anything except take 80 bucks out of my wallet...didn't even want it but they did it anyways...

8. I normally drink about 6 pints of water/unsweet tea every day just because I'm always thirsty and I don't like coke. And I'm a big veggie eater so I eat pretty darn healthy as it is. Besides the snacks I used to eat when I had the munchies (like 8 bags of snacks I'd go through in a week, still not sure why i'm still 30 lbs underweight LOL)

9. Stay away from any form of tobacco and the "funk" shouldn't bother you anymore...

damn Beyonce's ass...

10. I'd tap that...

And I can only quit one addiction at a time! Tryin' to kill me over here :p?

11. [quote name='"miztokealot"']

Yeah, he gave me a z pack which like I said in an earlier post, didn't do anything. Wondering how long I'm going to have to wait. It has improved a significant amount over the past month, but I still feel like this isn't normal. I haven't smoked in about a week, and I've cut down my cigarettes to about 3 or 4 a day.

Last time I went to the hospital, they even gave me a breathing treatment because they said it sounded so bad in my lungs. That didn't do anything except take 80 bucks out of my wallet...didn't even want it but they did it anyways...[/quote]

Here's why. In many cases (90%) of all bronchitis cases are caused by viral reasons, rather than bacterial. So basically, if you want to feel better, you need to combat the symptoms in the beginning. AKA swelling as well as productive cough. You can take anti-inflammatories over the counter, (Aleve, Tylenol, ibuprofen) or you can buy an all around cold/virus med like Tylenol cold liquid or nyquil, that includes a mix of good drugs to help you feel better.

12. Yeah I've gone through about 3 bottles of dayquil and 2 boxes of mucinex. I have prescription anti-inflammatories that I take every day for my back injury (compression fractured vertebra).

I think I'm gonna give it a week or two more, and if it's still not gone, I'm gonna go to the dr.

13. [quote name='"miztokealot"']

Yeah I've gone through about 3 bottles of dayquil and 2 boxes of mucinex. I have prescription anti-inflammatories that I take every day for my back injury (compression fractured vertebra).

I think I'm gonna give it a week or two more, and if it's still not gone, I'm gonna go to the dr.[/quote]

Sounds like a plan! Do you take narcotics every day for the back thing as well? Just curious.

14. Exercise! Running will help you cough all that shit out and let your lungs start to heal themselves.

15. No usually a medicate with good ol' herb. But sometimes I do have to take them to take the extra pain off and usually to be able to fall asleep. I avoid them as much as possible though, they make me feel really sick.

16. I can't excercise. My back injury prevents me from even standing up for longer than 20 minutes without almost collapsing in pain.

17. I got it a while ago before I started smoking. One day I decided to quit trying to hold it in and I coughed up a good cup of that phlemy mucus crap. I didn't cough again after that.

18. I've gotten a bag full of funk:D

do you smoke ciggerates? that could be the cause for the shit your coughing up:(

19. Yeah I smoke cigs, and I have for a few years. I've never gotten anything like this from that though, it was only when I started combining the two that it decided to kick my ass.

20. [quote name='"miztokealot"']

Yeah I smoke cigs, and I have for a few years. I've never gotten anything like this from that though, it was only when I started combining the two that it decided to kick my ass.[/quote]

That's most likely the problem..

Quit the boges,while you can:p.

I started out smoking boges after my bowls for like the first few years of my smoking career.. I realized it's not worth it, you barely get any buzz..and only lasts while your smoking the cig..after I stopped for a few days my lungs were so much better:)..

Pain I'n the ass when I was huffing an puffing just riding my skateboard a few blocks.

On top of that, I can take some seriously fat bong rips with no problem..:confused_2:

Anyways, I hope you start feeling better:)