anyone else get annoyed by high friends?

Discussion in 'General' started by phire420, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends. However, some of them are just total burnouts. One of these friends, let's call him D, has been smoking for years. However, all he does is smoke all day, that is all he cares about, surprisingly enough he still doesn't have much of a tolerance and get's mind-blowingly high all the time. When he smokes, he just sits there, zones out and doesn't say a word. If I ask him something, I always have to ask him two or three times because the first time will just get his attention without any of the words sticking. Every time I hang with girls, this guy just acts all anti-social and doesn't say a word. This guy is my friend and I've been trying to tell him to relax on the weed and try to get his personality back, but he is convinced he is not anti-social and a great conversationalist. Unfortunately, I have a couple friends that are like this and it gets on my nerves. Why is it that some people can't act like normal, productive human beings while high?

2. Some people just lose all capabilities of speech or intelligent conversation when they are stoned. I know I get very quiet when i'm baked out of my gourd, unless i'm with certain people.

Basically, just chill and let him do his own thing, can't really change how weed affects dude.

And next time, if you want to say something to him, throw something at him first, THEN say something. More likely to have his attention then =D

3. True. Many of my introverted friends have a good time just zoning out and just contemplating/meditating/vegetating.

I like to zone out when I'm not doing stuff with my real friends. Some people just bore me, and I'm almost positive I bore them. :D

4. People that use drugs as an excuse to act a certain way are the worst.

5. It's just that I feel like they're displaying social negligence. I mean, if your going to come over to my house, and smoke my weed, you should at least try to keep up with a conversation with me, not just zone out and act like I'm not there (which is what some of my friends do).

6. I do hate burn outs, ever so much.

a few of my friends just wana smoke all the time, like to the point of wasting and being retarded, and if we cant find anything then FUck it im going home and its kinda sad

7. I don't say shit when I'm high, doesn't mean I'm annoying.. I hope...:eek:

8. when they are being annoying

which doesn't happen often

9. I had this one friend that, whenever he got high, had to listen to this one song.
    Every.
    Damn.
    Time.

I wouldn't have minded it but it's a techno version of "Satisfaction" sung by a man and woman. The song is really repetitive. Needless to say, if I was going to hang out with him, I made sure he or I was already high.

10. yeah, sometimes. it annoys me if they are high and i am not because then i want to be high too but im not.:(

11. yea, most of my friends just wana sit ther and listen to music...i coulda done that at home if i wanted...

12. ALot of people may think that they are boring a quiet individual, when really said individual is just to stoned to say anything.

But I agree, just going to your house, smoking oyur weed, then zoning out like they are alone is kinda pushing it.

13. At least ur friends don't run around the damn house screaming "fire!" and "rape!" at like 2 in the morning when they are high. My friends can't relax literally every time they are over someone falls down the steps.

14. ^ I'd much rather replace my burn out friends with friends like that. I'm just tired of hanging out with people who put weed above all. The first thing that's suggested when certain kids call me, is ALWAYS "do you have any bud? lets match it" all they care about is getting high, and where they're getting high at. Hell, I'll try to push them to do things like go hiking and go to the beach, but all they want to do when we get there, is sit and the car and blaze. Some people seriously do depict the people in those "above the influence" commercials.

15. Yeah, with certain people I have a different mood.

Do somethin' he likes, maybe to make him get up and shit.
    Ya know?

16. Yeah there is one guy I'm around that never wants to go anywhere. My other friend and I will want to go get some chinese. And he's always like "lets order instead" I hate ordering. I love walking to go get food while high. It's like our own little harold and kumar movie :)