anyone else fidget/pace a lot?

Discussion in 'General' started by HighHaze, Apr 15, 2010.

1. i don't do it out of anxiety or anything, but i just feel free i guess when i am fluidly moving. I will stand still once in a while, but i never stand still in a conventional way. my legs are either slightly spread out, or my legs are crossed in some type of way.

i dont stand still a lot though, i am always pacing back and forth or moving around. i think that this has started happening to me ever since i've done E, because i loved the feeling of stumbling and trying to catch my balance. ever since i took E i also danced a lot more when i've never really danced.

so does anyone else like meaningless movement?

2. I do it, but most of the time it's out of anxiety/nervousness or just some kind of need to be moving.

I got a spinning thumb ring because I was constantly playing with my rings, it helps give my fingers something to do when I'm trying to sit still. :p

When I'm standing, I tend to shift positions a lot. I think I'm just a generally tense person. :hide:

3. Im exactly the same way. Never rolled before tho/.

4. No. But I have a hard time sitting still unless I'm preoccupied.

5. yea i play with my pen when im sitting all the time and am almost always swaying my legs back and forth, or rubbing my hands together. its not that im nervous though, but i feel like people misinterpret it as that, or really horny. girls always look at me when i am jittering my legs back and forth....but sometimes i actually AM horny and that just makes it worse and i start doing it faster

6. I do the same thing too :)

7. I'm constantly having long-winded rants in my head that are 100x more coherent than anything I put into words or on paper. It sucks.

8. I do the exact same thing and I don't do it out of anxiety or nervousness either. Like if I'm watching TV I'll be constantly shaking my feet or curling my toes. Or when I'm on the computer I'm always playing with something with my hands, pen, piece of paper, battery, whatever is on my desk I'm playing with it. I think I either just have a bunch of pent up energy or I don't like staying still.

9. i for one can never be totally comfortable. i shift my weight after a few seconds of sitting or standing. ill rock on the balls of my feet or just do random things with my legs or arms.

i dont think ive ever sitten straight up for any extended time.

10. I always bounce my leg when I'm sitting and I become impatient or anxious.

I do it a lot because I'm bored, too. It's been a growing habit

11. i have the odd fidgitting thing too. i'm trying to fix it though because a lot of people take it as signs of nervousness which aren't necessarily good in a job interview for instance. i also need to constantly be doing something with my mouth, not sure if this oral fixation is seperate or somehow related to the fidgitting but im starting to eat lot of sunflower seeds rather than chewing on pens or toothpicks or something else which could end more poorly than me just having high sodium

12. yeah i fidget, or chew on things or put my hands on my face, i have an oral fixation for sure in addition.

i dont want to try uppers cuz i know i would fidget like crazy or grind the shit out of my teeth and shit hahah, i do it enough already without drugs

13. I pace and fidget a lot. It is out of anxiety for me.

I notice a good number of people talking about foot tapping. I do this myself and find I physically relax from it.

Another commonly noted phenomenon is tapping a wall when going down a hallway. I used to do this in high school and apparently so do a bunch of other people.

I find eating/smoking/drinking alleviate the need to move around.

14. All the time. A bunch of the time it is out of anxiety, but then other times it's just cuz I'm not comfortable being completely still. I also chew/bite my lips. I don't even notice I'm doing it most of the time. But yeah people always point out how fidgety I am. And I flinch really easily too.

15. i fidget and pace a hell of a lot, when i standing or sitting i'm always shifting around, and i usually fiddlie with something in my hands

16. ever since i was a little kid im paced back and forth up and down the hall just thinking. i guess its like mobile daydreaming.. i called it "running" as a kid haha.. still do it tho..get my best thinking done walking back and forth, and when i cant do it i get really antsy

17. Yes, its annoying as shit cause everyone notices it. I've always had to take meds for anxiety and maybe thats why I flinch. Also why I smoke weed, but I tend to flex my neck muscles and pop my jaw alot.

18. If I'm just chillin then I can sit still without fidgeting or anything, but if I'm doing some work or something I usually twirl my pen or tap my feet or something.

19. yeah im always fidgeting, kind of jumpy. everyone says my daemon is a squirrel.

20. ^^^^^^^yea dood im the same way