Anyone else feel/see this?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Twee, May 15, 2012.

1. As of lately, all I can think of is death.

When I see people, all I can see or think is "They're going to die. They're going to die"
    When I see people, laughing and happy I start wondering more and feeling depressed because they're all going to die.
    I lie awake all night thinking about what happens when my mother dies, when my father dies, when my brother dies, when my boyfriend dies.
    I lie awake wondering about why I'm still alive. I wonder what will happen if I was to die now.

I don't know. I really don't.
    It just seems like all I can think about it death.
    I know it's inevitable, I acknowledge that we're all gonna die someday.. but there's something so bleak and depressing about just having visions of everyone you know and love.. dead.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Ocd? I used to think like that. Do some spiritual cleansing and meditation. Regain control of ur thoughts

3. I always have death in my mind.
    4 friends of mine have died since December.
    One of them was killed today in my country and i am thousands of miles away, he was one of my best friends i just wish i couldve seen him one more time.
    But i guess it just happens, id rather die than watching everyone around me die, its just not fair.

4. I went through this stage for probably 2 years. It sucked, but eventually everything else in your life will distract you from these dark thoughts, and you will completely grow out of this mentality/train of thought

5. Death is just the beginning. Who knows, maybe when you die the after life is even better then the world we are in now.

6. [quote name='"artic"']Death is just the beginning. Who knows, maybe when you die the after life is even better then the world we are in now.[/quote]

^^^what he said. Think of it in a positive way, instead of negative

7. I used too worry about my own death, and I used to be anguished by the loss of my loved ones.... So I got into religion, started comparing and contrasting seeing the similarities and differences realized there has to be some truth in this phenomena. That truth for me is an ever-lasting soul, my belief in a soul and the perception I can be forgiven if "judged" gives us peace.... These dark thought's of death have plagued man since the start, either defeat fear by conquering your own mind into submission or find your God and embrace both Life and Death as gift's from the all-giving creator.

8. holy fuck

9. To elaborate on this- read Plato's Phaedo. Problem solved, OP.

10. I do that alot too. I have pretty bad depression and anxiety that I take medication for because I've tried everything else and it doesn't matter, I just have to take my medication because if I don't then it just seems like I start to see how fragile everyone is which reminds me of how fragile I am.

When I'm in those types of moods I really hate watching anything on TV that has anything to do with surgery or anything because it reminds me of what we really are, just temporary living tissue that will eventually just stop being alive one day and then be buried in the ground and turn to dust. I also hate to feel my own heartbeat because then I think about just how easy it would be for it to just stop, like there are a million things that could cause something in your body to just stop working right.

I don't like feeling this way so I started seeing a doctor who prescribed me some medication that I take daily and it really helps, it took awhile to find the right medication, I literally tried dozens that had negative side effects that I didn't want. I didn't want to feel medicated.

I finally just straight up told the doctor that the only thing that helps me is weed but I don't always have a steady supply of it and when I don't the depression comes back so he found a mix of two medications that have similar effects so I feel that comfortable buzzed type feeling that you have after your high has worn off but you still feel good and it has really helped me enjoy life more.

11. everybodys gonna die get used to it, once you dont fear death its all good

12. Why should you fear death? I understand you don't want to watch others die, but we're put into this world with so much responsibility to carry and so much to worry about. Who's to say non existence isn't better than existence? When have you become less by dying? We're born into a prison we're we have to work and meet societies needs. We constantly deny reality by taking up drugs, it is inevitable. We are beings towards death, and this pains us. I used to think the same way but instead sought to make the most of my time here, to spend time with family, friends, etc. When shit hits the roof, just accept it, you have no say in the outcome. When you're all gone, you may or may not ever see each other again, but who's to say you'll remember anything? And that is a good thing, I believe. Don't let this stuff get to you, pick your head up and smile, you're here now, that's all that matters. These conversations could or could have not happened, but does it matter? You're going to die either way, give meaning to the things you love, discard the things you fear. I know it sounds easier said than done, but it's a coping mechanism and it's the best thing you can live by. Live here and now, not tomorrow or yesterday.

Control yourself, take only what you need from it.

-MGMT

13. yesterday when I was having a shit, I got it into my head that next time I go to sleep I wont wake up. Didn't happen :p

14. You're not talking about suicide, but this does kinda fit in here:
    [​IMG]

15. Death is a strange thing. Everything living on this planet will experience it, yet all thinking creatures seem to fear it; or at least have an uneasy relationship with it. Even watching a quiet, peaceful death does not offer reassurance that this is something that we nessessarily want to do. I don't want to die, but I don't want to live forever. I wonder if there will come a time in my life when I feel the moment is right for my death? Will I be aged and infirmed? Who knows. I just ask for God's mercy in what ever way he calls me home.

16. That is definitely depression. I was really depressed for a long time this past year and I would think, what's the point of doing anything? Nothing makes me happy and I'm going to die. Nothing I do matters, because everybody is going to die and this world is going to shit anyway.

You won't think like this forever, but I suggest you get some help for your depression. I went through it alone and it fucking sucked. Goddamn it sucked so bad...

17. [quote name='"Twee"']As of lately, all I can think of is death.

When I see people, all I can see or think is "They're going to die. They're going to die"
    When I see people, laughing and happy I start wondering more and feeling depressed because they're all going to die.
    I lie awake all night thinking about what happens when my mother dies, when my father dies, when my brother dies, when my boyfriend dies.
    I lie awake wondering about why I'm still alive. I wonder what will happen if I was to die now.

I don't know. I really don't.
    It just seems like all I can think about it death.
    I know it's inevitable, I acknowledge that we're all gonna die someday.. but there's something so bleak and depressing about just having visions of everyone you know and love.. dead.

Has anyone else experienced this?[/QUOTE]

Timeline of Life.
    Born\t-Live-Die.
    You gotta except that and just Live.

18. Sounds like obsessive thinking.

19. No, but then again I'm a Christian.

20. Its because Ireland & the UK are never sunny. That's why you were depressed.

Is it all good now?