Anyone else feel like this?

Discussion in 'General' started by maryjane33, Mar 29, 2008.

1. I have had these thoughts for a while but never posted about them.

When I get high I often think and feel like a real loser for being on "drugs" and kind of embarassed when I see people know I'm high but they don't smoke. I only smoke in the evenings (one or twice a week max) and then I go to bed after a while. I work hard in school and I care about my marks but I still blaze. A lot of people I chill with just don't work hard and I feel like I'm on their level. I don't know too many people who smoke and actually are interested in school. I'm here to learn and I gotta do well but I also want to have fun. I just feel so stupid when I'm high and my thoughts change a lot. I see things with a different perspective. I feel kinda like I lie a double life. Student by day, stoner by night. Does anyone else feel like this?

I also take Luvox for anxiety/depression. If i know I'm going to be smoking a lot (3+ bowls) I won't take it that night. Could the luvox + weed be giving me these weird thoughts? Most of the time I can get high from 1 or 2 bowls from a bong.

2. Nope, I don't feel like a loser for doing drugs. If I did, why would I do them?

It's a personal choice, and I don't care what anyone else thinks.

3. The mental effects of bud are different for everyone. You can smoke a lot of bud and be a successful, intelligent, & contributing member of society. You can smoke a little bud and be the same way. Or you could smoke a lot or a little and be a complete waste to society. It really has nothing to do with the smoking, it has to do with you as a person. You as a person either want to continue to grow everyday or just rot away. I think people often misblame bud for problems they may be going through and use smoking MJ as an excuse. $.02

4. No, i dont believe its your meds. I would think its a psychological thing. I have felt inadequate in certain situations because i was stoned and around people who do not approve, but not to the extent that you do.

Curious though, why would you continue to smoke if its causing you to feel this way?

5. Why would you do something that makes you feel bad about yourself?

6. you just feel like you should feel bad because you were brought in a society that shuns drugs. try to look at weed from a different perspective; you do well in school and you still blaze.... what wrong with that? just dont let those grades slip, thats when you become the loser.

7. I have been here for a few months and I see all these posts about probations, fines, cops, jail time and I think a lot of people here are just totally fucking up their lives. There is not enough positive success stories from people are contributing members of society. Instead most I see is just people working at McDonalds or other low wage jobs.

I'm an 18 year old in college, in a program I love and I get my work done. I procrastinate like hell but the shit gets done

8. What the wise budda said. :D

9. There are probably a lot more who arent fucking up they just dont come and post "I got high last night and didnt get in trouble". I have never been arrested for anything after 6 years of smoking, I am in college with a decent gpa and have had a part time job most of my life. Lazy people who smoke pot are lazy, productive people who smoke pot are still productive.

10. sounds like you got your priorities straight man...that's anything but stupid

the way it sounds to me is that MJ is your release...you know you're smart, and weed may make you feel dumb but it gives you a mental break from having to be that smart...sometimes it's just nice to bask in thoughtlessness

i was the same way man i graduated #38 in my high school class (out of 460) and smoking has never held me back...i know what you mean about the people around you...i have a countless number of friends that dropped out, but that's not the bud, that's them....just stay motivated, know your limits and know when it's time to cut back

these thoughts seem normal to me since you're probably used to working hard and weed makes you feel so nice and laid back...it's a clash with what you're used to so you feel you have to question it...but from now on just try going with the flow...yea you're high, so what, you're not getting dumber and you're successful when you're not high so i think you should enjoy a nice break from reality....in fact everyone needs a break from reality once in a while, it's nothing to feel stupid about

the fact that you're even questioning this shows your head is in the right place...just keep doing well in the things that are important to you like school...and if you happen to notice a difference in your performance, take a break...but that doesn't seem like the case at all here

11. Thanks man, I really needed to hear that. I just doubt myself so much and as shitty as it sounds, I need to be told I'm doing well, its not enough to just think it to myself. :)

12. I truly fucked up my life due to cocaine when i was younger, but now I'm a productive member of society. I'm a business owner i hold 2 degrees and am currently going for my masters in business administration, I pay my bills, take care of my family, I'm active in my community, and i smoke about an 1/8th a day. We dont all work at McDonald's.

There is nothing wrong with smoking weed, as a matter of fact most drugs are fine for recreational use, as long as your taking care of your responsibilities in life and doing right by your family.

But, MJ relaxes me, i smoke a joint in the morning as soon as i get up and it gives me a better perspective on the day, but if at anytime it ever made me paranoid or doubt my self i would quit in a heart beat.

13. Having thought very bad things about Cannabis since I was first told about it in DARE, First trying it made me feel like a loser. Then I realized, the only reason I thought this was because it was what society taught me. I was taught that the people who do drugs are no-lifed losers who cant get jobs. I now know that Cannabis is almost, or completely harmless for you, and a lot of what I hear on the news might just be called propaganda. I have found that just because a drug is legal doesn't mean it's good for your body. I get A's in school and I only use Cannabis to enhance my life, not make it =D

I personally think Cannabis has made this world more creative. It has most certainly enriched my life and helped me realize exactly how amazing our bodies are, and how astonishing it is that we exist on this earth. It helped me appreciate being alive.

A loser might just be a term used by those who have never had the privilege to try Marijuana, and those who are caught up in society. This is all just my opinion.

14. I too felt like a loser in the earlier days of smoking. This was due to massive conditioning as I was growing up that drugs are bad, yet somehow alcohol is not. I too would feel embarrassed when smoking this natural plant. It took alot to break out of this mindset, just stick with it and you should be able to break free of the conformists.

Now I don't care, if people aren't cool about my smoking then they don't get to smoke my weed, unless I feel like peer pressuring them ;)