Anyone else feel like..lost?

Discussion in 'General' started by s3v loves you, Nov 30, 2015.

1. I have goals. I am on the path to meeting those goals. It's just, I don't know, I guess I'm just fucking lonely. I've got friends, but no one that I can just vent to. No one that I can randomly text some random ass bullshit and get a conversation out of. Maybe I'm just nostalgic, who knows. I miss having real friends. I haven't had a relationship in over 5 years. It's not that I'm depressed or anything (I mean sure, I have the occasional sad day/night), I just feel...lost. I just want someone to talk to.

Idk, this has been bugging me for a while now, and I'm kinda drunk, so it seemed like a good topic to post. I feel like I'm not the only one out there.

2. #2 Oni~, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015
    lt's alright to get lonely. It feels shitty but it's a thing that happens in life. I've moved so much in my life that starting over and having to make friends all over again became the norm, which means in the start there was always a lot of alone time. It's a simple fact we like to interact with other like minded people.

I obviously don't know the details of your situation, but here are some things I found out to be majorly true in my moving experiences that may relate and help out in your situation:

Stay in shape. Sports not only gave me a healthy body but it gave me the energy to go out there and do stuff. I've been a college athlete, and a video gamer my whole life, so I know the big difference between 2 days spent on the couch and 2 days spent eating right and exercising. People are vastly underestimating exercise and diet's effect on their mental health. If you're in bad shape and/or punish yourself with food and alcohol, then you'll simply have less mental energy to invest into going out, doing stuff, and meeting people. Whether we like it or not, that stuff unfortunately often demands precisely that, energy.

If you want a partner, the way to it is self improvement. Create the smarter you. Build the better looking you. Whether you're looking to get a better education, or get a six pack and finally fix your teeth, take steps towards that and become a better you. As a gamer, I always saw it as leveling up in real life. I am currently stronger, faster, smarter, and better looking than I've ever been before, and I'm looking forward to leveling up further. //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/smoking.gifImprove yourself and your confidence and attractiveness will improve accordingly.

If your environment is toxic, then change your environment. This goes for people and for places. I've lived in Munich, I've lived in Paris, I've lived in NYC. I've also lived in East Spencer, NC. Trust me, there ARE stark differences in the world simply because of geography. If you live in a 12 million people city and "everything sucks" then it might be you who's failing to find his place in a giant pond. If you live in some backwoods village where everyone's a cousin and the gas station is the Saturday night hangout spot, then maybe moving away should be step 1.

In the Macrocosm you are just a person. In the Microcosm, you are god. Hope things look up for you soon

3. I have no goals but to live and enjoy my life, and have fun per se

4. Go meet new people...Get a hobby, sew or some shit, anything really.

Something that gets you out into fresh territory, perhaps places you haven't been, whole new social scene...Loathing in it will just make you cynical or mad.

5. im in the exact same position, i havent had a real relationship in just over 5 years i suffer from anxiety and depression mildy but i find that i just keep pressing on i dont realise that im straying from my goals and when i realise i jump straight back on them it takes me a bit longer than everyone els to complete just normal every day goals but i more than offen do compleat them. As for the friends i have one realy good friend that up to reacently i had no idea was in the same possition and as soon as we found out we became best friends. So as long as you stick with it you will find that best friend/relationship just remember everything takes a bit of time

6. I don't have any close friends in my life, just smoking buddies.. so you're definitely not alone. I don't have a partner either.

It's very easy to feel lost without a strong social support network. Why do you think religion and going to church is so popular? Precisely for that reason. Humans need a sense of belonging just as much as they need air to breathe, water to drink.. and food to eat.

I never had a sense of belonging in my life, I sort of always marched on my own journey. I also failed high school - and my parents think I'm a loser and compare me to other people.

The brain has an amazing ability to adapt, however. I've become desensitized to fear, sadness, jealousy, etc. Part of the reason why I grow weed for the lulz

7. Wow, well seeing that other people are going through the same thing helps. In a complete selfish way, but still. Idk, I'm moving out of this place in a few months, new place, new people, new job, new life. I've got that going for me, which is nice (insert Caddyshack meme). I really appreciate you guys responses, it gives me hope. If any of you want someone to talk to, just hit me up.