Anyone else fed up with the hypocracy

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Ad3555, Aug 27, 2020.

1. I've seen people so drunk they arent even aware of where they are. I haven't smoked in years, but I am no stranger to cannabis. I was never constantly high but I've done my share, I dont regret it... i might get some soon. Anyways alcohol is far worse for the user and society, I have really no urge to drink. I feel our laws and justice system encourage people to drink. As a truck driver if I endulge in a little THC, I have to be extremely careful. My employer doesnt randomly test apparently.... I've been here 3 years and haven't heard of anyone else getting popped for a random either, so I feel I have SOME slack but I cant exactly chief it up. I still have to be very careful.

Anyways I'm sick and tired how it is apparently ok for me to get completely plastered on booze off duty. I have no itch to do so. I pretty solidly dislike alcohol, but I still like to get a little intoxicated sometimes, just not booze. Booze just makes you stupid, marijuana heightens your senses makes music, eating, sex, video games all more enjoyable.

The things I've seen people do in commercial vehicles with booze are unacceptable, they are given a limited time pass. They deserve NO SLACK, INSTANT TERMINATION. However this is not the case. We had a driver that was driving for weeks maybe months, drunk off of his ass. One time he was caught at the fuel pumps with a cooler full of beer on the back of his truck. Another time he went to deliver to the plant they told him he wasn't allowed in the bay. This guy finally got fired, he immediately got a job somewhere else. Within a week he rolled a truck over and gets a DWI.

We had another driver actually get a DWI in a bobtail truck (no trailer) with open containers. He was allowed to continue to drive until convicted...... a couple of months AFTER a DWI.

I'm fed up alcohol is tolerated way too much, especially in trucking. But I cant smoke off duty and go to work sober.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. There should be a huge difference between driving stoned or high, and keeping your enjoyment limited to your personal life.... being strictly sober at work. The drug testing that exists now should be considered a violation of human rights. Someone can go take LSD, PCP, cocaine, heroin, mushrooms, and yes alcohol.... and it's out of your system way faster then something fair benign marijuana

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Breathalyzers. Cannbis does not have one, yet.

I'm in the construction industry and drug testing will not go away anytime soon. I get one yearly, one yearly random and anytime I'm in an accident I get one.

It's pretty easy to pass with synthetic urine.

BL

• Like Like x 2
  4. I need the ins and outs of synthetic urine. I'm a local driver, I work for a milk hauler. I go from farm to farm loading 2 tankers per day. 4 stops one day 6 stops the other day. It's a smaller company fleet size of maybe 25 trucks. Nice part is my boss leaves me alone, best to my knowledge he doesnt do random drug tests, I've been here 3 years. If you want to live in a truck, get your privacy violated with retarded hair follicle tests, and make peanuts go work for a mega carrier. I started with werner but I only planned on a few months, I found local work asap. That was the only time I ever had to submit to a hair follicle test.... its bullsh*t. Who gives a hoot what I did 2 or 3 months ago. Noneya.....none of your business.

A breathalyzer is a fantastic idea, I'm against impaired driving, especially a truck..... the current tests are not a determination of impairment. I'm strongly against them. I think an ignition interlock device in every truck in the country would actually be a great idea.... if your high or drunk truck does not move.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The biggest reason for all of this at least in my opinion will always be propaganda and nothing more. Propaganda is still a powerful tool these days, ironically enough the internet our greatest tool for dispelling propaganda is also the greatest tool to spread it and it works very damn well on the ignorant and the willfully ignorant.

There is tons of research out there on how Marijuana is not bad for you like all the years of PSAs on Television have told us to be "true"... It's a filthy and perverted shame really. So much evidence at our finger tips and mostly all for free and yet people still do not want to wake up because it flies in the face of everything they have held to be truth for so long... It scares them to death to think they've been lied to by the media and politicians they trusted to be truthful with them. So laws continue to be passed, corporate polices continue to be made all based on ignorance and control of our personal lives.

Of course I would never have avocation going to work high or drunk but what we do in our personal time is our own damn business.

• Like Like x 1
  6. everyone is saving face ... so as to not look bad and have a bad day ... each day the deniers are reaffirming their outlook

7. My 2 cents. We have bigger problems in this world. Then me getting tested at work or even to worry about what ppl think of me. I smoke pot. Big deal get over it. Go take a shot get stupid. Booze is the root of all evil sorry for those that drink. My family owns a club. Never seen pot cause a problem. But booze. Lives marriages. Etc ruined. Anyway I'm high now. So sorry for going 9n

8. I think the fear of losing one's livelihood over smoking a very modest amount of marijuana is absolutely disgusting and vile. Alcohol causes nothing but issues and I've pretty much avoided it. There have been plenty of times I've completely avoided any intoxicants at all simply because I refuse to drink and feared loosing my income. The human mind needs an occasional escape.

I find it disgusting, it is a pretty big issue. I should be able to smoke off duty without any fear. I know allot of drivers that get drunk all of the time, but that's ok.

I have to keep a bottle of quick fix in my car if anything ever came up.

9. Like the truck driver I knew whom used to only smoke cannabis and then went on coke and booze because he could not smoke cannabis and drive a truck and then ended up losing everything to the other addictions? In fact I am using his computer he wanted me to buy.

For the record any law based on hypocrisy is illegal and classified as crimes against humanity if you have those laws. It's automatic. Men can be doctors but women not. White skin can drink from the fountain but not those dark skins. Homosexuals are not allowed to get married.

In Canada if you pass and enforce a law based on hypocrisy you now get a minimum of 25 years in jail for being the "most responsible" in the crimes. With laws it is basically the entire government. But the U.N. needs to write it that way because sometimes it can come from orders and then only they are the most responsible. But the science is the exact same in both cases whether it is illegal laws or orders.

10. Well said OP and to answer, I’ve been sick of this hypocrisy for 30 plus years.

11. What I've preached for many years now, is that anything negative the opposition can ever say about Cannabis can be trumped by one single word..."Alcohol"

Kids having access to Cannabis if it's legalized? Kids already have more access to Cannabis because it is illegal,and black market dealers don't card, not only that but kids freely have access to alcohol, as most parents don't keep it under lock and key in the first place.

Gateway drug? Alcohol! The original "Gateway Drug"!

They want to say "Cannabis is harmful"...Ummm, How harmful do you think alcohol is? People die everyday from alcohol, from car crashes to poisoning, but not one single death in recorded history has been attributed to Cannabis...Not one!

You can't drive down the highway or turn on the television without being inundated by advertisements for alcohol, so who's sending the wrong message to our kids again? Hmmm, let me see...ALCOHOL!!!

Let's not even get started on tobacco or pharmaceuticals....:huh:

12. I've been a truck driver since 96, so I know exactly what you mean. I'm also a life long smoker since 83 and have had to decide to either quit driving or quit smoking...I chose the latter, because my convictions and my love for the Cannabis plant outweigh the potential money I could be making from truck driving.

I'm currently in management over a truck shop at a FedEx facility, We're a contract vendor which doesn't require randoms, so I couldn't be happier with my current situation.

Hang in there, laws will be changing soon enough...

13. Actually, they do, their just not being widely used ATM

14. As soon as marijuana gets dropped (who knows when) from the Schedule 1 list, every state that hasn't, will be legalizing marijuana.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The good news is America and the world is becoming more weed friendly by the day tho.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 420 Warrior, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    the MORE act is being voted on this month, the GA runoff is in January.

MORE will pass the house with little resistance but the senate vote hinges solely on my state of GA making wise decisions in the voting booths.

If you haven't read up on the MORE act, you really should, it's an incredible piece is positive Cannabis legislature worth looking in to.

Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act of 2019 or the MORE Act of 2019

This bill decriminalizes marijuana.

Specifically, it removes marijuana from the list of scheduled substances under the Controlled Substances Act and eliminates criminal penalties for an individual who manufactures, distributes, or possesses marijuana.

The bill also makes other changes, including the following:

• replaces statutory references to marijuana and marihuana with cannabis,
    • requires the Bureau of Labor Statistics to regularly publish demographic data on cannabis business owners and employees,
    • establishes a trust fund to support various programs and services for individuals and businesses in communities impacted by the war on drugs,
    • imposes a 5% tax on cannabis products and requires revenues to be deposited into the trust fund,
    • makes Small Business Administration loans and services available to entities that are cannabis-related legitimate businesses or service providers,
    • prohibits the denial of federal public benefits to a person on the basis of certain cannabis-related conduct or convictions,
    • prohibits the denial of benefits and protections under immigration laws on the basis of a cannabis-related event (e.g., conduct or a conviction), and
    • establishes a process to expunge convictions and conduct sentencing review hearings related to federal cannabis offenses.

17. The South that all I have to say. :bang:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. We do have smokable Hemp flower now, and all the CBD and vape stores I've been to say their ready to transition just as soon as we get the greenlight. Big If/When we get the greenlight?

19. Let the people vote on the issue you commie un America ass holes.

• Agree Agree x 1