Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

anyone else experience this?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CROmatix, Oct 14, 2009.

1. I don't really consider myself a seasoned toker but i thought you guys might have experienced some of these things that im experiencing right now. Ive been smokin since i was 16. Im 18 now and ive been smokin pretty much daily, sometimes even 2-3 times a day since summer started this year. Ive noticed a lot of changes in the way i think and how my mind works.

Before i started smoking, i had a feeling of clarity in my mind which is kinda hard to explain unless you know what im talking about. Basicly i felt like i knew everything, i had a pretty large english vocabulary even though english is my 3rd language. I felt like i knew english better then some americans. I felt pretty damn smart for my age. I would always just speak my mind and not even think about it.

Now, I feel like i know so little and that theres so much more to learn, im not in that clear state of mind that i was in before. It feels like theres a haze and its hard to think sometimes. I feel like i've changed so much since i started smoking daily. It's also harder to think of comebacks when arguing with someone lol. I also feel more anxiety when talking to certain people im not that familiar with.

Anyone else ever feel like this? I'm afraid that my marijuana use have totally changed me and its a little scary..

2. It may be the marijuana but most people experince that has the mature. I went through that time as well when I was about your age. If you think its the pot stop for 3 months and see if that changes things, it didnt for me

3. "Now, I feel like i know so little and that theres so much more to learn"

Maybe its because you realized there is always more to learn.

4. I got this feeling for a bit (I smoke more than once a day for 2 years now) but now instead of feeling like I know nothing, I just get a strong urge to learn about everything. I'm addicted to discovery, that channel is a learning heaven.

5. relax on your smoking. i used to get this feeling too when i smoked 3 times a day(although they were nice days haha), now i got down to maybe smoking 3 times a week in order not have that blurred mind everytime. plus stopping for a month or so will get you back in that clear mind, which is nice after smoking a lot

6. its cuz you stopped being a K.I.A. and started being a person.

7. #7 SovietRed, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
    Maybe you should learn shit while being high. It's an interesting experience. I personally feel smarter than i did before i smoked the ganja. That's not saying the weed helped me. It sounds to me like you need to stop smoking and reassess you're situation.

But here are some other things that might help you. They help me when i'm feeling that way.

It may have been the weed but honestly if you don't keep your mind moving, it slows down and then it stops. Keep yourself occupied while you're high too, even if it is just playing video games or watching a gameshow. Maybe read more often too while your high. It will take a few times to get used to it but i pick up on more literary things while i'm blazed.

Get some fresh air while you're blazing up: Smoke outside! So much is going on in the night air that your mind races. Sit under the stars and start thinking of all that is above you. Sit and listen to the sounds of the night, whether that be cars going by or just the silence.

MEDITATE. This is weird to some, but it works. Sometimes when you have a mental block is smoke and meditate. Twenty minutes of meditation a day keeps the stress away. Honestly when you're going through stressful things in your everyday life, whether that be your midterms, your job, a family member in distress or dying, breathing exercise work great.

And for homework may i suggest " A People's History of the United States" -by: Howard Zinn
    Then to get your brain moving more read "House of Leaves" -by: Mark Z. Danielewski.

Good luck to you sir.

8. I get that too, but i kinda justify it by knowing i can stop smokin weed when i really want to, but after a few weeks or months your brain kinda goes back to normal but your like fuck it, i like smokin dope so you start again knowing your living in the clouds while your young and you can stop later and everything will be fine lol.