Anyone else clean their coils for reuse?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ProGMOII, Dec 18, 2014.

1. At 50 and retired I took up a new bad habit as recommended for retirees. Since I lived in the middle east for many years I miss the hookah experience (social event) While shopping for a hookah pipe i was introduced to a vaporizer and loved it. As a part time smoker, normally just the hookah or occasional cigar I never got into the cigarettes.

I love the vaporizer but the prices for new Kanger Coils for the CloudTank 3 at the tobacco shop are insane. better online for sure. Anyway I watched a video of an older gentleman actually repairing the coils. So i thought, why not clean in.

So now I take the top of the kanger coil off and then take out the jet at the bottom but not the rubber grommet.

Drop it in 91% alcohol and let it set for an hour or so, swishing it around a bit. Then i have a pipe or cleaning brush that came with another vaporizer. I use that to gently clean the cotton inserts (get most of the discoloration out) then use the brush to get carbon deposits from the coils. They are very fragile.

After letting it air dry for a few hours. reinsert everything and it smokes better than new. So far they seem to last as long as new. I am happy with it and wonder does anyone else do something similar?

2. yes they get ejuice gunk on them after heavy use. it is quite gross

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 ProGMOII, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2014
    I seen an older gentleman on youtube who makes his own coils. it was awesome and simple.