anyone doing coco SOG?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by 967, Jun 19, 2012.

1. I get bored easily and i'm at the stage where i'm looking at alternatives to my current growing technique (heavy training in all forms). Amongst other things i've been considering a SOG with one of my strains i think would be well suited to it. Just wondering about the work involved and the payoff

I would like to convert 25% of my room to grow SOG while keeping the other 75% of the room free for what i'm doing now. I can yield up to 14 ounces off 8 plants with my current technique in a 4x4 room. So for this to be worthwhile i would need to yield at least 25gpsf. Is this easily achievable? Ideally i want a higher yield as that's extra cloning and work but mainly i would be doing it to eliminate popcorn buds and just as a change. I'm considering organic coco and DWC but those things cost whereas SOG doesn't

Whats a good general number of plants per square foot for a SOG? i would grow them in a raised bed so they share the shame substrate. Are there any real risks doing this? What happens if for some reason one plant develops a deficiency while another is burning? If i dedicated 25% of the room to it would it be best off in the middle of the room of in the corner? Obviously middle gets more light but trade-off would be my other plants are on the outside edge. What else do i need to know about SOG? Besides the cloning and transplanting is it any more work than growing regular 2oz plants?

Like i said i get bored easily but unforunately i don't have the money to try something new every grow. Coming up to my third harvest with my current technique and although i still haven't quite got the hang of feeding properly its starting to feel a bit same old and my plants always look the same. Its like working a mindless job in a factory..

2. Hey man just started a thread, also SoGing in coco:
    Check my thread and reply to talk some shop on this.
    This is my first grow ever and am working towards 2oz single colas (hopefully).
    I have 20 6L under 1.2sq/m. And for the space you have, with SoG- if done well should yield the same in less time, or more in the longer amount of time.