Anyone collect ancient coins?

Discussion in 'General' started by Senior PoopiePants, May 11, 2011.

1. Thats mainly what I used to buy clean and sell with the guy I worked with. It was a lot of fun, its a shame the market went to shit in the last 2 years. We used to make 200-300 a day selling rings. When I left we were lucky to break $75

2. #62 Senior PoopiePants, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2011
    That fucking blows. There still seems to be some kind of market, at least, these days...

Anyways - Continuum, R Complex, everyone else - I just got my first uncleaned Roman ring in the mail. I want to strip off the patina on this bad boy, but then again I don't. I don't know if I should keep it the way it is (cleaned, but with the patina as I've said) and still wear it. What do you all think?

Edit - $15 USD. You know you all want to get one! Great American coin company - Google them if interested. I'm very impressed with what I got for $15. And I spent a whole 5 minutes cleaning it because it already looked decent.

Fucking awesome shit!!!! Great conversation-maker for the chicks!!!!

Attached Files:

3. hahahaha i was just thinking that myself, then i go to think what if you had a job in egypt or someplace digging. and you found the craziest thing worth millions that had some secret power. like the 11 crystal skulls i saw on ancient aliens the other night. :D

edit- that ring is bad ass. I bet a gladiator wore it

4. Those crystal skulls are sick. AA theory is awesome as well. I would NOT doubt that something along the lines of what they talk about actually went on in the past.

Who knows. :)
    But you CAN by Roman Archer rings - the rings that the Archers used. About $60. The rings have a shield on them.

How can this shit not be cool?

[​IMG]

5. Holy shit. I stripped the patina (on purpose). Great move! :hello::hello::hello: This thing is beautiful!!!!!!!! Just the way it looked 1700 years ago, minus the breaks in the metal!

Attached Files:

6. Absolutely cool, you really don't know how tickled I am to hear of your fun and discoveries. I need to get off my ass and order some those look great. :smoke:

7. Dude, that thing is awesome. Imma get me one when I save up some money to burn.

8. Looks good, I cant say I've seen a ring that looks like that before. Our biggest sellers were gladiator rings and archers rings.

9. This thread has tickled my high ass pink.