Anyone Care to Comment? (2012)

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bkenji666, Sep 9, 2008.

1. really a common misconception. 2012 is the end AND Beginning of the Mayan Calendar.

Also common misconception. we have to understand that all the calendar really is, is a tool to help us with the astrological signs in the sky.

For example.

IF YOU CAN STAY WITH ME HERE:

Years that were B.C. were the age of the Bull (Taurus) in which the bible had the jews worshiping a golden calf. Then Moses told them that it was against the commandments to worship false gods. And at the point of 0 A.D. the sky turned to the age of Pieces (Two Fish). during the early times there was a bunch of talk about Jesus and how he turned Fish and Bread into millions for the thousands of people that were hungry.

Now when 2012 turns on December 22nd's Solstase The fish go out of the viewing area and now it will be the age of Aquarius (the water goat) and of course what is represented as a goat? the devil? idk man to be honest its really all about misconception when these people go nuts.

It's all a bunch of relegious hype, and when nothing happens we'll all be better off.

(original post was lower by me.)

2. Didn't the Mayans also have some OTHER day picked out as their actual "doomsday". I'm fairly sure I read that somewhere at some point, but can't seem to find anything about it.

3. the only one i had set aside with association of Mayan was december 22nd 2012. you might be thinking of Nostradamus, he had thought, and made predictions close to the mayan calendar.

4. Satanism is rising at an alarming rate,maybe your right dude.

I love the whole Fishism thing....pure genius

And to further decipher the whole water goat worship,Satan views himself as a god even though he is technically not one.What if the age of Aquarius symbolizes that everybody will stop believe in God and see themselves as Gods....sounds good to me.

A world without GOD is a world I would sell my soul for LOL:D

Buddhism anyone!!!!!!!!1

5. #5 chronicman00, Sep 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2008
    Satanists dont believe in satan.

I believe we are going to evolve into a higher state of consciousness. The Mayans never said it was going to be the end of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YomEEicpxcc

6. I believe that 2012 is the transitional phase when those of us have learned what is important in life (peace and un-conditional love for your fellow man) will move into the next form for our 'souls' or spirit and that those who could not get out of the cycle of negativity will remain on earth to be for the most part destroyed by various disasters.

Also in the galactic time scale an ...event such as 2012 doesn't just happen overnight like flipping a light switch it takes months possibly as long as years to reach full effect, some say that is what is causing all the recent disasters which will become more frequent and intense as the date approaches.

I believe the significance of the 2012 date is that it is that our planets sun etc align with the center of the galaxy and the effect will bring about the events mentioned above something that only takes place every 57,000 years (forgot the real number)

But as has been mentioned so much of true human knowledge has been lost or in most cases literally burned it's hard to say what really will happen and when it will happen.

All we can do is just make the most of the day we have now, appreciate every day we have had untill now and be happy that we may be blessed with tomorrow.