Anyone been through Kaiser Psychiatry recovery?

Discussion in 'General' started by shadyonedeath, Jan 4, 2012.

1. I have a lot of issues and I feel my psychiatrist doesnt really evaluate my situation as a problem....I was wondering what else they do besides 'listen to you bitch' because thats all that I seem to do there for 1 hour every 2 weeks...I always leave feeling like I just opened myself up to a stranger and got nothing back in return, like a one sided relationship.

I stopped going bcuz of lack of interest and the amount of uncertainty i have between sessions that lead me to self medicate and depend on MJ to solve my problems, even though i believe my real issues are chemical (brain) or some disorder from PTSD as a kid. (child abuse, not important) (focus thread on the kaiser questions)

Can I get 'admited' or something with Kaiser?

2. Psychiatrists dont fix you. They help you fix yourself.

3. like i said, feels like she focuses on issues that already happened and doesnt get into what really bothers me...like my thoughts, my ability to control emotions, my habits, etc. Like i said, this ain't your "divorce" isssue...i feel fcken psychotic sometimes.

4. That is what a psychiatrist does. They focus on events and situations that made you the way you are now, so that, when those events and situations arise again, you'll be able to get through them better.

You can request a psychiatric evaluation whenever you deem necessary, through any insurance or organization. Just let your provider know