Anyone been fired for testing positive on a random drug test?

Discussion in 'General' started by Harry Hood, May 13, 2010.

1. ...and if so, how did it effect your ability to get another job down the road? I only ask because my company is instituting a random drug testing policy. They just handed out the policies and we have to sign that we got a copy, so I assume that from this point on, anyone is fair game. I smoked last weekend, and now I'm trying to prepare myself if I come into work in the next few days and they demand my piss. Refusing a drug test is automatic termination, and a positive is automatic termination. Just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this, and if you got fired, did it keep you from getting future employment.

2. Most of the time you can lie about how your job ended at a place of previous employment.

References don't say much.

3. Man, shit sucks. You could always say it's an invasion of your rights since they can't show that you were influenced while on the job. That's why companies can't test here (Canada) unless it's a job that is deemed unsafe enough to need drug testing..

4. Most states require employers to wait for 2 failed tests in the event of a false positive on the first one. I would quit smoking now, and don't stress if you have to take the test soon. If you do fail the first test, contact your employer and request a second test based on your belief of a false positive on the first test. I'm not a legal expert, but I do know that in most states you can actually sue if your employer doesn't accept your request for a retest as long as you issue your request within due time of being informed of failing your first test.

5. Buy a detox drink that doesn't simply have masking agents and just have it for safe keeping. Most likely they will wait at least a week before testing, as long as you drink water (never know when you will need diluted urine lol) and excersize you should be fine.

6. I used to have a job where they required random testing. I carried a bottle of synthetic urine with a hand warmer pack at all times.

Had to buy a shitload of hand warmers and add an extra step every morning, but it was better than having to quit smoking.