anybody work for home depot/lowes?

Discussion in 'General' started by weedzilla420, Feb 3, 2006.

1. hey bladez,
    i'm about to start applying for jobs. i have a few employers in mind including bestbuy, home depot, and lowes.

i know for a fact that best buy drug tests. however, i was wondering if the hardware stores dt. i hear you get paid pretty well to work there and the work isn't all that bad.

2. My mom works for Home Depot...I'll ask her if they DT.

3. that would be great.
    also, if you could, ask her what the ideal position for part time work would be.

4. They DT they have a sign on the front window acually that says they drug test at least at the Home Depot here they do. I remember seeing it when I went there to buy my C13 cab :)

5. yea they do ... still can buy ph pee

6. anyone know about lowes?

7. Dude, those are working warehouses, not shopping centers. I would imagine that they pretty much have to drug test, seeing as employees frequently use heavy machinery.

8. Fuck it man, work in a kitchen. They never test because everyone there is on drugs. Hell on my last job me and my boss were hot boxing in the fucking walk-in refrigerator... good times... heh.

9. work at bestbuy, get payed $10 starting and get a $800 bonus at the end of each month if you hit your sale quota(if you work in tvs its like $30,000 here....each employee is only supposed to make a couple 1000 a day and then there encouraged to hide.....they almost never miss the bonus to)and the $30,000 is for all the employees in the department to work together and meet not just one person....its relatively easy and you basically sit around and watch movies your whole work day

10. I dont think the DT at home depot, I had a friend that works there and i went to apply there and seen him working and he was high while working so atleast here they don't. I dont talk to him a lot any more cus dont really see him around town but if i bump into him i'll ask. I worked for canadian tire and they dont so dont see why they would same kinda store.

11. lowes does a DT, at least they did a few years ago when i worked there.

12. ok, i'm seriously thinking about bestbuy. it seems like a decent job and it's my understanding that employees can buy at store cost plus 5%.

do they just do a standard ua?

how soon after you're hired to they do the dt? or do they do the screen b4 they hire you?

13. yes they do...employees can buy anything 5% more then the store pays for it for themselves and immidiate family(mother father brother sister)they get $1500 off of a $4500 60inch sony SXRD tv.....lucky bitches

i say easy on the drugs for awhile to play it safe....bestbuy really is a great job...esp when you get to work in the tv deparment

14. Probaly a little late on this, but home depot is horrible. Join lowe's or best buy and they both drug test btw. :(

15. don't worry you're not late.
    i have come up with a drug test solution for my delima. i can smoke as much as i want to. what i am going to get is a bottle of fake urine. on the day you take your drug test you put it in the microwave for 10 seconds than close the bottle and wrap a heat pad (pocket warmer) around the bottle to keep it warm. hide it on you and when you take the test just pour it into the cup and it will still be warm and it will be toxin free. here is the link to what i'm talking about. i found their website off the hightimes webpage so i would consider them to be reliable.
    http://www.detoxforless.com/pass-a-drug-test/fake-pee.html

16. working at best buy sounds fucking cool.

17. ..Would'nt there be like a nurse or whoever lookin at u while your pissing?.. when u take tha DT..

~1~

18. i don't think so, it's very uncommon to be observed while taking a dt unless it's for probation.

they usually just give you the cup and you go in the bathroom

19. That makes me want to work at best buy. I can sell shit fast. I always kicked ass selling shit telemarketing (yea, that job sucked but paid well)

I work in a kitchen, ha, and everyone there smokes.

20. they both DT !!!! i just applied a few months ago..........!@!