Anybody work fast-food?

Discussion in 'General' started by briangumble, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Does anyone here work at a fast-food restaurant? How is it? I've been looking for a job the past few months, and since I don't have any work experience, and with the current state of the economy, it doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to work anywhere other than fast food.

2. I've never but friends of mine have. They've told me:

- You're treated like a moron
    - Some of the jobs are disguisting
    - Its hard to get the smell out of your hair/clothes

Of course its a fuckin' easy and you're almost sure to get hired if you go for it..

3. i used to work cleaning up in a small diner/fastfood place. i reaked of the place all the time, and whatever you do, dont let them make you clean the fryer.......i cant tell you how many times i burnt my hands haha

4. I do. It sucks, but it's all I could get at the moment. You pretty much get used to it, but the worst part is that people think you're fucking retarded just because you work fast food. Sometimes the managers suck, but after you make friends with the people, the job gets a lot better.

5. it does suck, but I've also met some really chill people. I was a closer at wendys and we would always go to the walk in refridge and smoke a bowl after close. And the new guy usually does have to clean the damn fryer, make sure you wear the rubber gloves, haha

6. I used to work there. It had it's up's and down's. The people treated you bad, but if you're really nice and friendly and personable, then people will treat you nice in return (sometimes). I worked there for a year...it did kinda suck coming home smelling of food, but I got free food, the slow times were real cool (my managers were chill with us just sitting around chilling) and a few times my manager smoked me out (doesn't mean all places are gonna be that way). It was strenuous at times, but didn't really bother me. Easy to get job, got some good experience, the pay was eh, okay.

7. I might cop an application from a local BK that's hiring, depending on if the people behind the counter look chill or not, haha. Otherwise I'm going to get a job delivering pizzas.

8. I had a job at Wendy's for 2 months, I got fired because I was the newest one and they were over staffed. I loved it, I had my own money and I didnt have to rely on my rents for every thing. That and it was easy work, just keep things clean and smile and your set.

9. Go with the pizza delivery.

10. I second that. Pizza delivery is hella easy and a lot of fun. I was invited to parties multiple times. A few times people offered to smoke me up, but I don't smoke and drive...too scared of a DUI...but if you do...it's rad as hell. Pizza people are usually a little cooler and the customers don't treat you as bad. Plus, making pizza isn't as greasy and doesn't smell as bad.

11. Amen, even if they only cover a portion of your gas you're still much better off than working the kitchen (or even the cash register, for that matter) at a fast food place.

One thing I really couldn't come to terms with doing.

12. I'd rather work in the kitchen. I hate working the floor.

13. Yeah, it isn't that bad, lots of tedius shit, but you can blaze before and just get your shit done.

14. The only shitty thing with delivering is the current gas prices, but they be compensating me with a dollar per run so it works out in the end.

i make good for working 12 hours a week.

15. I just hope my car lasts until I can afford to finance a new one. :)