Anybody Who Likes Metal/Hardcore...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by HoldFastHope, Jun 19, 2008.

1. ...should seriously try listening to Protest the Hero's Fortress while baked. It's such an epic album in general, but while baked, I noticed all the instruments stood out more, including the basslines which are amazing, and the synths which sounded absolutely EPIC.

What's some other good metal or hardcore to trip out to?

2. IDK, that doesn't seem like the hardcore I know. The vocals are way too "poppy" sounding for lack of a better word.

I usually don't like hardcore when I'm stoned, it's too fast and hectic. Nevertheless, some of my favorite hardcore would be:
    Black Flag
    MDC
    Bad Religion (early stuff)
    Dead Kennedys

Metal is where it's at though, for stoned enjoyment.
    DEFINITELY check out
    Electric Wizard
    Sleep

The Sword is good, but they're just a rip-off of Sleep anyways.

Dystopia and Sea of Deprivation are also amazing, but they're a little more influenced by the crust sound. They're technically called sludge, but it's really amazing when yuo are high. It might take a little bit to get used to the heavier sound, but trust me, you'll see what I mean.

3. Protest is AMMMAAZZINNGGG. I can always listen to them. INSANE guitar parts, the vocal parts are amazing, the craazy piano interludes through the album and peerrfect. Everyone should give them a listen because they are so tight musically and they're songs are soo interesting. They infuse so many different styles into their songs.

And i suggest listening to tech death bands. Bands like Necrophagist and the Faceless. They're similar in the technical aspect to Protest. The Faceless have great synth parts and they're just completely brutal. I'm actually going to see them live this coming Wednesday in Philly which is going to be amazing. The heaviness takes a little getting used to but it's amazing, the moods and melodies they create are just perfect. And necrophagist have some of the best solos I've ever heard in my life. They have great melody lines and every note is picked and fits perfectly in the solo.

4. These are some crazy bands that I love, you are bound to fall in love with at least one if ya like metal.

Arcturus
    Borknagar
    Carcass
    Children of Bodom
    Wintersun
    Opeth
    Dream Theater...
    ...and I have many more if ya like any of those bands

5. Yeah children of bodom are really good. Listen to "Bed of Razors", it's very good.

6. Damn, I'm getting old. These are the only bands I've even heard of. My buddy was a guitarist in Low Twelve. Idk if they are still around, I know he isn't. (RIP) He was roomates with Ryan, the bass player for Mudvayne. So that's probably the only metal I've really listened too recently.

I'm just glad to see there are still some metal heads left out there.

7. Shit dude, you need some brutal shit, none of that garbage Protest the Hero crap. I don't even view that as metal.

Listen to some:
    Black Dahlia Murder
    Blood Red Throne
    Suffocation
    My Dying Bride
    Cannibal Corpse
    Agalloch
    Dark Tranquility
    Behemoth
    Napalm Death
    Dark Funeral
    Nile
    Morbid Angel
    Suicide Silence
    Gojira
    Cryptopsy
    Bloodbath
    Cradle of Filth
    The Red Chord
    Salt the Wound
    Aborted
    Goatwhore

These are good and heavy METAL bands. Some brutal shit that will get you going. LISTEN TO REAL METAL!
    :smoking:

8. Electric Wizard, and Sleep are old. Look Sleep broke up and Om is where its at... break up already Electric Wizard (I mean no disrespect, i praise the wizard).