Anybody watch Pacquiao v Margarito last night?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Smokeitdown, Nov 14, 2010.

1. #1 Smokeitdown, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2010
    WOW, that by far assured Pacquiao's dominance over the sport, and his spot as an all time great in boxing. Last night directly before the fight, Pac weighed in at 148, while Margarito weighed in at 165. Pac-man is maybe 140 lbs TOPS walking around weight (he gained a LOT of weight for this fight, he has moved up 8 WEIGHT CLASSES in his career). Margarito is around 165-170, and Margarito is 5 AND 1/2 INCHES TALLER than Pacquaio, with a half foot more reach. This meant Pac had to keep in close, hit combo's, and get out FAST, as he did all night. Margerito couldn't even see him in the later rounds... from both the eye cuts / swelling, as well as Pac-man's cutting side to side.

I said all along that Pac's speed would just be way too much for Margerito to keep up with. If you saw Margarito v Cotto, Cotto came out blasting with quick combo's in rounds 2 & 3 and Margarito couldn't even see them coming. Add Pac's speed on top of that and it's over.

That was a HELL of a fight. Definitely worth my 50 bucks... as I made more than that back from some buddies last night :smoking:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. It's amazing watching Pac throw straights right through people's guard.

3. Right eye socket fracture..Margarito has to get surgery.

Didn't watch it live but saw some of it on youtube when I got off work.

Pacquiao controlled and dominated the fight like previous ones.

Who's next......? In my opinion there's no one else except Mayweather.

If Pacquiao and Mayweather never box they'll be stealing a chunk out of history...literally a piece of history will be missing from boxing if these two never meet in the ring.

4. yeeee! i'm gonna watch it again. but if the other guy needs to get surgery from boxing with you, then uh punishment is not the right word.