anybody use this soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gotexans, Mar 31, 2013.

1. anybody ever use one of these? im gunna use the haply gro to start my seedlings. i got jiffy pots its some bagseed platinum kush that im growin. i may not use the earths finest it has bark and smells like mulch

Attached Files:

2. I've used jiffy pots before, they don't perform very well. I get faster growth rates just transplanting.

3. i may end up just cutting them then. what u think about the happi gro soil?

4. Most bagged soils aren't tailored perfectly for MJ, but I see you plan on mixing it up. Got any perlite? That's the most common problem with bagged dirt, it doesn't have enough aeration for cannabis and that can decimate your growth rates.

Aside from that, I've found that most organic soils are fine, they just need a little adjusting.

5. To be totally honest, I have never heard of either of those brands of soil or manure/compost. Nor of happi grow.

What you want to do is source POTTING SOIL. You can find it organic or the miracle grow in the big green bags. They sell good potting soil at walmart, osh/home depot/lowec/ace/true value etc

If it i

6. #7 gotexans, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
    yeah i planned on adding a lil perlite when i transplant. any thing else? plus is it possible to do this grow without nutes (or at least nutes from lowes and not have to order any) .its gunas be a guerilla grow

7. if you are going to do everything from lowes, then get yourself a huge bag of spagnum peat moss, the large bag of perlite, and in the fertilizer section get the epsoma plant food in the bag, it has all the stuff and is balanced. mix everything well on a tarp and plant your young plants. while you are at lowes also buy the large bottle of organic insecticide, you will need it to keep moths, flies and other crap bugs from eating your crops.

8. thanks ....

9. Absolutely, I use Espoma nutes. Plant-tone or tomato-tone will work fine, 3 cups per cu ft of dirt. It's a dry mix, easy to carry. You can get through a whole grow with just that, but there's a lot of good stuff out there. Kelp meal is popular because it contains every nutrient that mary jane uses, neem meal will make your plants insect-resistant, lime provides extra calcium and magnesium.

Give this thread a glance for more tips... http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

10. should i just put like a handful of each in the mix? and all i can find its miracle grow brand perlite

11. Yea, handful of each is about a half cup, sounds right. Eh, that perlite won't hurt anything, I'd use it.

12. cool thanks man ill give u some rep when i get to a computer . pm me for a reminder if u dont get it in the next two days. thanks for the help bro

13. No problem, good luck with your grow :smoke: