Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anybody use "edibles only" and never smoke?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Chimera Prod, Jul 13, 2012.

1. I was just wondering if theres many people who only use edibles, oil, butter, tea, green dragon, etc. and don't smoke or vaporize at all? I mean besides the sick people.

The more I research edibles and make them the more I wish I never smoked in the first place. Now since it's been years I can't seem to quit vaporizing and be an 'edible only' person since I smoked n vaped a while already in the past anyways.

2. I feel ya. Im past the wanting to smoke part. Vaporize everyday, but occasionally roll up when in a group.

Im starting to consider going mainly edibles. But the only problem with giving that up is when you want to wake n bake. Edibles take a little time, and id rather not have to eat something as soon as i get up. So vaping will be necessary lol..

But alot of people who need to medicate when they get up in the morning or at certain times need that instant high that vaping/smoking delivers. So that is a problem for many.

And we also cant forget that smoking becomes a fun activity and a group activity for many. Good bonding time :smoke:

3. I do both, but I prefer edibles.

4. I do edible 9.5 : smoke 0.5 ratio.

5. Vape and edibles, hardly ever smoke.

6. I've had weeks where I only eat my edibles, but I eventually smoke since smoking is much simpler :p

7. Smoking does nothing for me. Tried lots and lots, but got nothing. For some reason the edibles are the only thing that does it for me. My husband is the opposite though.

8. As long as I have tincture or coconut oil, I can do a potent wake and bake without smoking. Tincture under the tongue or the oil in coffee works quicker than rolling a joint. I've been a heavy pot smoker for over 40 years and I'm amazed that I can actually be satisfied enough with the buzz to not automatically light one up.

9. Edibles are the best. I vape daily and never light up. I make tincture using coconut oil, it is much better than what you can buy.

10. If I knew how to make edibles with a minimum of smell and from reasonable quantities of weed, I would switch entirely to edibles and stop smoking completely. I hate the idea of inhaling that much carbon, and don't like to think of what the tar is doing to the cilia in my lungs. I've only had edibles once, and it was fucking astounding.

The only problem with this is that all of the recipes I've seen for edibles online call for cannabutter, and all of the recipes I've seen for cannabutter seem to be for ginormous batches and call for retarded quantities of weed. Like how am I going to get a fucking cup of weed flour? What's that, like 2,000 dollars worth of chron? My name is not Snoop Dogg, I have other living expenses to worry about! I'm not trying to make a great big pan of weed brownies, I'm cool with something more or less single-serving, that can keep a reasonable amount of time without refrigeration, and that doesn't require me to grind up the better part of a month's salary.

11. Wouldn't the tolerance eventually get to you?

Then your eating like 2g just to get a buzz. I have to take breaks from edibles if I'm gonna feel the 'special' effects of them.
    My smoking/vaping tolerance is much different and 'resets' quicker.

12. I would suggest firecrackers but that's not what I'm personally after.. have a look at this post.. it's a similar route with higher quality ingredients.

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...h-candy-canna-bombs-more-29.html#post12091787

No smell
    No large amounts needed, just 0.3-5 per cookie
    Relative fast

13. #13 jkcole, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
    [quote name='"Nothing"']If I knew how to make edibles with a minimum of smell and from reasonable quantities of weed, I would switch entirely to edibles and stop smoking completely. I hate the idea of inhaling that much carbon, and don't like to think of what the tar is doing to the cilia in my lungs. I've only had edibles once, and it was fucking astounding.

The only problem with this is that all of the recipes I've seen for edibles online call for cannabutter, and all of the recipes I've seen for cannabutter seem to be for ginormous batches and call for retarded quantities of weed. Like how am I going to get a fucking cup of weed flour? What's that, like 2,000 dollars worth of chron? My name is not Snoop Dogg, I have other living expenses to worry about! I'm not trying to make a great big pan of weed brownies, I'm cool with something more or less single-serving, that can keep a reasonable amount of time without refrigeration, and that doesn't require me to grind up the better part of a month's salary.[/quote]

Boy do i have some good news for you!

The most potent and properly made edibles have no smell! :eek:

First of all, ill start by saying that yes, most edibles do call for butter or oil like you mentioned. But this is actually easier than you may think!

I prefer using coconut oil for my personal batches. It is the most effective and maximizes potency.

Now to address your concerns with crazy amounts of weed being needed for edibles...

If you take the time and follow the steps to make them correctly, each dose is less than half a gram! And if you consume edibles with the same amount in which you smoke, you will achieve an even better and longer lasting high!

I typically dose about .4 grams and that is enough to put me on the couch for 5+ hours :D

Now like i said before, it all depends on how much effort you put into it.

I hear where your coming from with the bills and living expenses in which we have to worry about. But i believe edibles will actually be less of a burden on your pockets, compared to smoking.

You can also make just a few servings or even single servings with oils and butters!
    Theres alot of reading and researching you should look into! You'd be surprised at not only the health benefits, but the financial benefits that come with edibles. When making them for myself, i tend to save 2 if not 3 times as much bud compared to smoking. In fact i dont even like smoking anymore and only vape when wanting that near instant high!

Ill edit back later when im not on the phone app and will give you some links to help you out.

Hope this helps and dont give up on eating the herbal goodness just yet! ;)

EDIT

well heres a tutorial to making cannaoil by badkittysmiles. if you havent seen or heard of her recipes, then you gotta check out her blog for more info. she is VERY intelligent and cultured in the world of cannabis.

This is basically the same method i use when processing oils. it is guaranteed to work if you follow her exact directions. it does take at least 2 and a half hours, but the majority is cooking time. so you can just kick it for most of the time. the time factor is well worth it. TRUST ME! You will notice she recommends .35 grams as a standard dose. i have found this to be a pretty fair estimate. it all depends on tolerance and how well it is processed. testing them is the only way to find true potency :smoking:

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...h-candy-canna-bombs-more-22.html#post11299348

and when i say follow all of her instructions, i mean word for word

that means you should be sure to:

1. decarb
    2. cover and SEAL your pan with tin foil
    3. use soy lecithin granules or powder (you'll be surprised of the effect. research it)
    4. use the halfway point like directed
    5. and just dont do anything half ass, and your brownies will put you on your ass :hippie:

14. I'd hate to have an edible tolerance.

15. So glad I found this thread...I thought I was just weird! I've smoked several times and it just gives me migraines :confused: But edibles put me on my ASS!

16. Last year when my grow did not finish, i turned it all to about a kilo of cannabutter. It was great times. I used about 50g per cake and one cake was enough for 24 people... So do the math. I had a crazy autumn. Used to eat some before easier classes. I loved it. I would never consider smoking before school. I would get super paranoid getting into the class and stuff, but eating the cake and sitting down plain normal was superb. Just wait for the thing to kick in and go with the flow as it gets stronger (psychology classes were great :D). Now though, its a bit too expensive to make edibles. I prefer edibles. The high was so much better and i didn't get so paranoid either.

17. [quote name='"TokingChocolate"'] Now though, its a bit too expensive to make edibles. [/quote]

What do you mean by a bit too expensive? As in it requires too many utensils in the kitchen for processing and prep? Or too expensive for the bud you use in them?

Because i actually find my edibles save me money compared to smoking or even vaping! Less than a half gram (about the size of a bowl) will put me in a goooood place for roughly 6 hours :D

You should take a look at some of the tutorials here. If 50 grams was only getting 24 doses, something wasn't right. You should have gotten at least 100 doses per cake.

But it does sound real familiar with edibles, friends, and the school life. Oh ya and classes too...

18. he means 50g of butter butter out of the 1g he had, so he had about A BILION doses ;)

and i don't know if edibles would be more expensive or cheaper in my case. Vaping still has better effects on me gram per gram, but when i want to get high outside the amount i use for one joint gets me high for double as long as in edible form. But i don't always need to be that high for so long. Eating half gets me half as high for a way shorter period, but then the buzz isn't noticable enough.

Maybe i should try multiple low doses a day, eating a new doses when the last one's peak is ending. Would probably make me really sleepy after a while.

19. i dont smoke anymore. coughing too much blows my buzz before i get one. ever since i got introduced to vaping and eating i never thought about smoking again. vaping and eating goes together anyway. 2in1 :)

20. I could never stop smoking. But edibles are fun when they work. lol