Anybody try out the new maxsisun qantum boards

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Deleted member 923969, Sep 15, 2020.

1. In short I purchased my first quantom board never owned one before just wondering if anybody ever bought the maxisun amd do you hang it above the canopy the same height as a normal led growlight or does it need to be closer or further just asking for more info on this new lighting source as I never tried using QB-s before.

Sent from my LML212VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. One of the best tools you can have for QBs is a lux meter. Like $30 on Ebay or Amazon. Takes the guess work out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Without a meter, I would recommend starting higher than you think you need to be and lower slowly over time, watching for signs of stress then back up a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Q:Are these the samsung lm301b diodes?

Answer this question

A: NO, we are using San'an LED chips for the light of this series, because they can offer high PPFD. It is benefit for plant growth

Not sure if that is a good thing or just a snake oil pitch to sell lights. I hear samsung is the best for qb's i appearently its obsolete now amd whatever they use they claim to be better. Anythoughts??

5. #5 Sc00byD00bie, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    And they back that claim with what evidence?
    Edit: Where did you hear that samsung LED are obsolete?

6. In the answere where they stated it has a higher ppfd whatever that means I figured it must be built better than Samsung's based on their statements as to why they dont use samsung led lights but instead they use the San'an led chips instead of the samsung.

7. they say "high PPDF" not "higher". "high PPFD" doesnt really say much about a light without seeing the PPFD test results.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Best bet is go by maker specs. My 480w qb needs 24" to canopy. My 120w qb is ok at 12".

9. After just 1 month of use id say its performing very very well I did upgrade and bought the maxisun QB 4000 claims this higher end version uses samsung led lights and a sosen driver its currently 400$ about 200$ than the spider farmer qb 4000 series

10. Really good honestly it's making my clones I took look better than their mothers that werent clones and flowered under blurple it gives my plants more coverage without that glass aluminium 3 fan installed nonsense it runs 10 degrees warmer than 4 of my 1200 blurple I'm about to phase out and update that tent with a maxisun 4000 as well. I'm very impressed no negative s from me it works great and is much cheaper than spider farmers version which essentially is the same as maxisun.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bought 2 4000's. How's yours holding up? IMG_20210206_120643055.jpg IMG_20210206_120655186.jpg

• Like Like x 1