Anybody still play card games?

Discussion in 'General' started by smokinginva, Dec 2, 2008.

1. like MTG or Yu-Gi-Oh? I just started playing Yu-Gi-Oh again after about 4 or 5 years of not playing it. Forgot how fun it was to smoke a blunt and make a deck.

2. So you're a virgin huh?

3. Only joking man, gotta say its just not my cup of tea.

4. LMAO thats fucked up... funny.. still fuked up

I use to play VS and sell YGO for profit to buy half O's ahhh high school

5. no.
    as far as poker, and stuff like that, i play a lot of spades and blackjack while toking. but that's about it.

6. Lmao #2. basically good way to put it.

- no i dont play card games like that. i play real card games, with real cards though.

Comming up on post #420!!!

7. .....oh.

i though you meant like...

..but you meant... that.

yeah no, none of that...
    card games as crazy eghts and that kinda stuff, yeah. occasionally... ha.

8. how is it any less of a "real" card game? if you even knew the basics to them you would find out that in all actuality its more of a mind game than anything. the possibilities to decks are endless depending on how you want to build it. the key component to these games is strategy, unlike in the "real" card games you are talking of. sure spades is fun, but if i get dealt a crap hand there's not much i can do about it compared to TCGs i have to make all the cards in my deck coincide with each other so no matter what i dont get a crap hand. all you guys think about when you hear yu-gi-oh is the god awful cartoon and not the card game.

oh and for the guy with the virgin joke...did you know ron jeremy plays yu-gi-oh?

nuff said

9. #9 mels, Dec 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
    Did you read my next post that took made it clear it was not meant?

10. Dude, chill out.
    Do what you do. Don't let anyone's opinion of your hobbies change the way you do things.
    And to be fair, card games like the ones you're referring to are, in fact, designed for kids/young adults.
    but you playing them makes you no different than say, an adult who reads the "Harry Potter" books.
    Made for kids, enjoyed by some adults. No big thing, dogg. Hit the herb, and live your life.

11. i took a nice 10 year break from MTG then some friends got me back into it. these new cards are insane. i used to play with huge decks and simple cards, now there are abilities out the wazoo! but its still fun to get stoned and play.

12. actually i didnt see it :smoke: sorry

13. Its all good man. :)

14. wha tha hell is MTG?

and i used to play yu gi oh back in tha day

but i used to have a bar at my old place and would enjoy playing card games like slap and tonk all day

15. #15 smokinginva, Dec 2, 2008

thats the thing... back in early high school the cards that were made then dont have anything on the cards now and i find myself constructing and reconstructing new decks all the time now after finding new combos. i swear blazing and playing a game puts you in another state of mind.

i remember i think in 95-96 they had a star wars card game that was pretty badass. anybody remember that one?

and i see also that you have watched grandma's boy (your sig)... good ass stoner movie lol.

magic the gathering

16. sigh...magic the gathering

17. #17 des esseintes, Dec 2, 2008

Magic the gathering.

I never play any of these games and i never have. I like playing poker and betting bong hits and stuff

shit Craiggers beat me to it

18. i guess that i just like strategy games being card or video game. damn you fire emblem for making me like these games!! lol

19. Poker is my game..

Try paddy power and blue square poker online.. they good with loads of freerolls :hello:

20. Oh man, Ive got a few MTG decks stashed away somewhere, I'd love to find them and start playing casually again... i had a lot of fun playing and collecting, i almost miss it- almost.