Anybody roll their own cigs?

Discussion in 'General' started by bcharley2010, Nov 16, 2012.

1. #1 bcharley2010, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
    So I'm looking to start rolling my own cigarettes, the price of cigs around here are ridiculous. Not too mention with every pack I can taste the chemicals more and more.
    I need to find a nice, light, smooth tobacco that isn't too harsh.

I bought a oz of tobacco a few years ago, and it was nasty. Way too strong. I asked the people at the local smokeshop what they recommend and told them what cigs I smoke, and they handed me that bag of crap. Not surprised, they barely spoke a word of english. I ended up giving it away. But I still have the roller and a pack of filters staring at me and they have encouraged me to try again.

So basically blades I'm asking for your recommendations. What do you guys smoke? And please no special order stuff, I plan on just going to the same local shit hole smokeshop and picking up another bag.

I smoke parliament lights by the way.

Edit- Please do not waste your time saying something like "tobacco kills" No shit.

2. Tobacco kills.

Smoke weed GC :cool:

3. I'm with PeruvianDank, that brown shit will kill you, stick with the green.

4. i make my own filtered cigg's and grow my own tobacco,

hit the link in my sig, and check out that website,

perhaps next summer you'll come off the paying for baccy grid, and start growing your own also.

heres my grown cured, shredded, baccy in my 2 gallon mason jars,,, i have it packed VERY TIGHTLLY in each jar

>[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Tobacco is tobacco to me, interesting to see it separated into different names. I do love a nice hand rolled cigarette though. Every once in a while. :rolleyes:

6. Eh, I have went thru a few of those, and to be honest my lungs feel worse after a few puffs from one of those than a whole pack of cigs would do to me. Can't say I like them very much, but thanks for the thought.

Ah chicken, thanks much, I have looked at your thread many times. That's some awesome work my friend. Yeah hopefully when the season starts I can get my own baccy garden going. Growing my own tobacco, wraps, and the like. That would be great. But for the time being I need to get something I can find in the shop. Any ideas?

Or maybe you could help me out on how to pick out what I would like? I know smell would probably be the most determining factor, but does color/texture have anything to do with the taste or smoothness? Dark heavy smoke, light color, easy smoke?
    Or like bud is it all in the cure?

7. I wish people would just give up telling us how bad tobacco is, we know, we just don't care.

What country do you live in OP?

8. I smoke roll ups. Cutters Choice is my primary choice in tobacco, followed by Amber Leaf. My main reason for smoking rollies is because of the taste of chemicals in cigarettes so i know exactly where you are coming from. Cutters Choice is my favorite tobacco but tbh im not sure what they sell where you live.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SIII using GC Forum

9. East Coast, USA

10. If they have it where you are, Amber leaf is pretty nice.

11. ..you'd be surprised at how many different strains of baccy thier is,

i seperate them, because by blending them up,,, makes a better smoke, and a truly CUSTOMIZED smoke,

i can no longer smoke a store bought cigg. the chemicals are very prevalant to me, since ive got them out of my system

perhaps you should join that website,,

the site also has a '' baccy store'' they sell ''whole leaf'' tobacco, [ unprocessed,,,, >uncut< ] you gotta shred it yourself,

and for what you pay for 13 ounces in a store, you can geta 1 lb of it for the smame price on that site,

and many varities available to '' custom make your cigg''...

and if you join, tell em '' CHICKEN'' SENT YA<:smoking:

12. When I lived in the Netherlands I would always buy a pack of rolling tobacco when I bought a pack of cigarettes.

13. You smoke the gas station disposable ones?

Cause they're nothing like the ones I posted. The ones I posted hit so smooth it's crazy

14. I've had em all. The disposable ones, the rechargeable ones you name it. I didn't mean that they were too harsh, they were nice and smooth, but my lungs felt like complete shit after any of the e-cigs. Not while I was smoking them. I still keep a few around for when I can't smoke a cig, but I would much rather a real cig anyday.

Thanks though.

15. Dark blue Bali-Shag pouches are my favorite for making rollies.

16. I prefer their red/orange golden shag. The blue kind just tastes nasty to me.

American Spirit Original Blend is my usual.

17. Yeah, kinda, my girl and I go to a place that used to "fill" cigs with a machine, had "natural tobacco" and was supposedly additive free. Big Brother shut them the fuck down...So now we get bags of the same sort of stuff (additive free) and use a mini crank filler machine called the Top-O-matic. LOL.
    Does that count as rolling your own? I don't hand roll my ciggs no.

Bet you could make sweet J's with ciggy tubes with this thing..You would have to mess with it a bit and rip the filter off but it might be cool.

[​IMG]

18. Yeah I roll my own fags man.

Drum backy, swan extra slim filters & Blue small Rizlas

19. I used to smoke and roll my own cigs.
    I used to roll them thin and perfect using extra slim filters. Genuinely think that I am the best roller. Actually used to scare myself at how good I was.

Gentle touch is key...
    Also... quit smoking!

- Kom