Anybody know anything about computers?

Discussion in 'General' started by HerbIsGood, Jan 13, 2009.

1. I know I know...I should be on a computer forum asking this. But everytime I go to a computer forum the losers on there are fucking assholes to me and they blow off my questions and all this bullshit when all I want is a simple answer (EVERY time they do the same thing) so I come to you fellow stoners in hopes that at least one of you may provide me an answer. Its not too complicated...
    Plus im too lazy to make another account on a new forum. Fuck that:smoking:

So anyways, I got this video file which is AVI the other day and its a movie that I REALLY need to watch and I can't find it anywhere to buy so this is my only option. I tried to play it with windows media player and it didn't fucking work (it played the audio but no video..) and it won't work with quicktime because apparnetly Im missing some kind of source (which I tried downloading and it wouldn't work). So i don't know if I have to convert this file to watch it or put it onto a blank DVD disc or what?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...:wave:

2. Btw...if I have to put it on a blank dVD disc I would need some kind of tutorial cause I have no fucking clue how to do that lol

3. Just get VLC for all your movie playing needs. It will play just about anything.

4. It can be a pain to find the right codec if you're not technically savvy. I recommend you just download the Combined Community Codec Pack. You'll basically be able to play any file you're likely to find after dowloading that.

5. Or just get something like the VLC movie player or the one I posted which already has the codecs installed into the player.

6. Best suggestion ^^^ take it :]

7. The link in my first post is to download VLC Media Player.

8. sorry, lol the credit goes to you then

9. like everyone said. vlc :D

10. vlc player. without a doubt. u need it in yur life.