Anybody invest in stocks?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GrowinGovernment, Jan 14, 2012.

1. So.....

And to admins sorry if this is in the wrong place but I figured it was the closest place possible

2. #2 Tripace, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
    No, but I have invested in gold. Not much, but I've got about 10 grams or so.

I've kind of wondered what happens to my gold if Ron Paul became POTUS and did manage to get the FED shut down and reinstated the gold standard. I figure it's got to be good for the value right? But at the same time, if our dollar no longer goes through inflation, constant value, then my gold will never change either, so, it would be stuck where it's at, not really an investment anymore by then, IDK.:confused:
    Believe it or not, I bought the gold before I even started supporting Ron Paul, I didn't even know that it was one of his policies then.

But, at the same time, I figure if RP loses and Obama wins again, when I skip the country, that's gonna be EXREMELY helpful to carry with me, because it will always have value, no matter what happens to this country and it's ignorant fiat monetary system.

3. aye.

but i dont like stocks for this year. ill be mostly sticking to commodities and a few hidden gems that wont be effected by the collapse like all other stocks will

4. ^Same, I've really only invested in commodities lately. Just remember, there is no such thing as a "sure thing" when you're trading.

5. Small Cap mining stocks are your friend right now.

6. Well at least Im not alone lol, didn't think I was but still.... So I have a question, I have 3600 bucks on my trading account and idk where to put it... I am thinking about Kodak cause I believe that they will be able to turn it around and I'll be able to rid the wave for a quick hit next week but still

Okay so my background, I'm 20 and have been trading since I was 18 but I got all my data stollen from me from an ex friend... I'm big into written in down on legal pads and what not but that all gone now so everything I did has been eliminated.... At 18 I turned 2500 buck in 25,000 in like 4 months but that was mostly from riding the upswing on the revitalization of the economy...

Any advice would be appreciated, you don't have to tell me specific stocks but if you would send me in an industry that'd be great

I'm sure you'll laugh and call me a troll but I can promise I'm not I'm just like lost without my notes and shit...2 years of work gone its fuckin horrible

7. If we went back to a gold standard the price of gold would go up a lot. The minimum of the range is around $5000/ounce and goes up to about $25000/ounce or so on the high end, depending on what exactly the government decides to back with gold.

8. I been thinking about that.... If Paul wins the price of gold will sky rocket

9. Thats kinda what I thought. Although, I honestly didn't realize it would go up THAT much. I was thinking maybe 1.5 what it is now at most, and actually I was wondering, if returning to the gold standard, wouldn't that make the value of the dollar go up again like it used to be? In which case the value of gold would drop alot from where it is now, to like $50/oz. But then, we'd be buying things for CHEAP, like loaf of bread for a nickel, gallon of milk for a dime. Like the prices were back in the day before fiat inflation killed the dollar. :(

10. even without the gold standard gold will go above $2,000 an oz this year soley due to inflation.

QE3 is inevitable and is actually already maybe happening and they arent saying anything about it.

11. I thought it would go up

12. The value of the dollar wouldn't go up. It would go down actually, at least in relation to gold. There are many scenarios that could happen on some future gold standard. It's impossible to tell exactly what would happen because there are many different possible outcomes. Prices on things wouldn't necessarily go down either. That would be a deflationary reaction, but going to a gold standard doesn't require deflation of the money supply.

13. But wouldn't in any scenario the value of gold shoot up, based on the fact that we would need enough gold to cover every cent that we have out in the population. So the demand for gold would be HUGE and the price would be reflective of that.. Supply and demand

I don't fucks with commodities so idk

14. My brother sits on a few investments. Not me personally.

15. Haha ask him for input and pass it along lol

16. If we go to a gold standard the price of gold will go up, yes. It's just a matter of how much it goes up. There have been calculations done and the range is generally between 5000 and 25000/ounce gold price to return to a gold standard. It varies depending on what percentage of the money supply is actually backed by gold, and what parts of the money supply, i.e., M1, M2, all credit, etc.

17. If you can afford to leave your money in the stock market indefinitely, just invest in a Dow or S&P fund when the market tanks, and sell it when there's significant gains. Don't try to time the market, that never works - it's the time IN that counts.

18. Ah hmm interesting... See this is why I truly appreciate this site cause I can talk to other blades and talk about this... That would be incredible actually if Ron Paul got elected the possibility to basically hit the jackpot cause of gold

19. I would think they would issue a new currency based on gold and silver, the old currency would be as worthless as the paper and cotton blend it's printed on.

The problem there being they couldn't do a old dollar for new dollar trade. Maybe $10 old for $1 new or whatever ratio it would take to fix the true value. Then prices would have to come down on everything as well.

20. I'm trying to do a mixture of both.... That's kinda why Im looking at Kodak cause it's shit cheap right now and it's going to go up eventually it's just a matter of how long