Anybody have hypoallergenic dogs?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by foxforcefive, Jan 24, 2014.

1. #1 foxforcefive, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
    I want to get a dog but I get slightly allergic to them. However, I've never had a problem being around hypoallergenic dogs. I'm thinking of a Labradoodle, but what breeds do you guys have/know about that are really cute and good for allergies?

Also, preferably a medium to big sized dog. No Bichons, Malteses, mini poodles, etc.

2. Believe it or not, but I have a Samoyed and he really doesn't bother my allergies. The only thing that bothers me is when scratch his belly for a few minutes. If I rub my eyes after that they'll get irritated. He can sit on the couch with me and I don't have a problem at all. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. You could just be allergic to the massive accumulation of dust and stuff in their fur.

If you get a small shorthair dog and keep it indoors and clean it might solve your allergy problems

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Sorry, but there is really no such thing as a hypoallergenic dog. Some try to breed out that trait, but it never goes completely away. I'd suggest a short haired dog, like a boxer. I'm allergic to cats, but the short haired varieties don't bother me much at all. As long as I don't rub them on my face..lol

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Morkie(Maltese/yorkie) or Maltese own both

✌️

6. I have a mini schnauzer I like the schnauzer breed because they come in different sizes and they all have really well temperaments. They also happen to be hypoallergenic

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A HYPOALLERGENIC DOG. All dogs produce dander, which is what sets off most peoples allergies.

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Cockapoos seem to be good I got them for the .o shedding reason ( it's cocker spaniel/ poodle mix)

9. We have a soft-coated wheaten terrier. Family members have had no allergy problems as they have with other dogs. These are high energy medium sized dogs with great humor and endless enthusiasm as a companion. I've had dogs in the family all my life 50+ years and he's been very special. I highly recommend to anyone that would be an active owner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. My sisters are highly allergic to dogs and cats, but are fine with spitz breeds. Which is unusual because they have double coats.

11. Yeah I've heard the spitz/snow dog breeds don't bother most people's allergies.

12. #12 potatoesareyummy, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
    Well I have two wheaten terriers and they are great hypoallergenic dogs.

13. great choice love mine

14. Get a short hair and keep em clean