Anybody have any ideas?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by chinlin, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Bought a Lumatek digital 1000w dimmable ballast off of craigslist, (which is prob my main prob) also purchased a XXXL C.A.P. hood from a store. I went to connect them today and low and behold realized the hood doesn't connect to the ballast. My question is, there must be another connection that I'm missing or need to purchase it? I've asked a few people but have not been able to get an answer. Here's a couple of pics to show the connections of both sides. Help please. I have at least a month and a half before I actually need it to work.

image-1294686010.png

From hood

image-2505493422.png

From ballast

2. What's with the laytex gloves, weirdo.

And yes, there are converters. It's another cable that should cost between $5 towards $20 dollars from what I've seen in my city.

Shop around for the cheapest obviously.

3. fingerprints man!

------- To the OP

there are converters out there ...

you need the female like the one of the left there, going to the male 3 even prong
    [​IMG]

4. [quote name='"lutharian"']What's with the laytex gloves, weirdo.

And yes, there are converters. It's another cable that should cost between $5 towards $20 dollars from what I've seen in my city.

Shop around for the cheapest obviously.[/quote]

Yes for finger prints, I was setting up my bulb and hood and didn't want any prints on the bulb

5. i was gonna say, a little paranoid cops might get prints of your ballast or something.

i use a paper towel when changing bulbs. I can wipe off anything that might get on it when i finish putting it in the socket