Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

anybody have a good cannabutterscotch recipe?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Denargle, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ive been thinking of making some canna butterscotch lately but i cant find a recipe ive searched all over the net and all the butterscotch recipes ive found involve cannabis tinctures
    does anyone have a good recipe that uses cannabutter?

2. I'm assuming you mean candies, and not sauce? Using these ingredients:

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup brown sugar
    * 1/2 cup white sugar
    * 1/2 cup water
    * 2 Tbsp butter
    * 2 teaspoons vinegar
    * 1 pinch salt
    * 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

..simply follow the Hash/Canna candy recipe intructions I've given here (ie. make a coconut canna/hash oil, and add it right at the end when you add your flavorings, after it's cooled down slightly):

Photo Tutorial: Canna/Hash Candy

I make them UV reactive/glow...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I am so happy I found this site! After only a few days I am on my way to having a medible grocery store right in my house! O Happy Day! I just dug out my candy thermometer!:hello:

4. yup that was exactly what i was looking for thanks man

just curious why does the recipe call for vinegar? that seems like strange ingredient to include in candy

5. No problem :) Vinegar in butterscotch, was originally thought to act as a preservative, which isn't really necessary. But truly it was a 'secret' ingredient which gives butterscotch the specific-savory-enhanced flavor you want, creating the contrast of sweet and subtly sour/salty, so it doesn't wind up tasting just like a regular hard caramel (which is very similar to make).

Some people use vinegar powder, you'd need much less of that, some use cream of tartar, and others just use a greater amount of salt... you'll notice recipes suggesting vinegar and tartar require only a small pinch of salt, while recipes without vinegar, recommend a minimum of a full rounded teaspoon.

6. OH alright that makes sense. unfortunately I don't have an oven so i cant use your method to make the oil.
    im planning on using a hot plate to simmer the coconut oil it for 6 hours. The recipe ive used in the past called for 2 cups of coconut oil for a half ounce of ganja and a bit of water.
    if im going to use your recipe that means i would have to use 8 cups of brown sugar 8 cups of white sugar and just a shiton of stuff per cup of oil.
    do you think i should use less coconut oil or what?

7. Whoa, you don't need to make that much :) Just adjust whatever oil you plan on making accordingly. You can put a lot more than 14 grams through 2 whole cups of coconut oil! If you're using herb rather than hash, and you're only going to need a small amount of oil and you want it very potent, just gently run the same small amount of oil through multiple batches of fresh herb. Two cups of coconut canna oil, if made properly, should be strong enough to last you AGES... less than 1/5th of a teaspoon is a killer dose, when made well.
    Concentrating your canna in oil is very crucial when it comes to making candy, even more so than other edibles which can hold greater volumes of oil (like a brownie or cookie). Unless you're just using it for flavor purposes in your candies, you don't want to be eating an entire bowl of candy to get the effects you need.

If you're using a stove-top method you need a double boiler to prevent damaging your canna because the glandular material sinks, resting on the hottest portion of the pot, and you also need to be certain you seal your container very well, or you're vaporizing and losing the earliest (considered to be the 'best') cannabinoids.

Good luck! :)

8. thanks for the help made some edibles using your techniques and HOLY SHIT I have never been that high ever. I was so high all i could do was lay there i was hallucinating... never had that happen before from cannabis. Ive been high for 14 hours now

9. Great! I'm glad you had good success. It can definitely be powerful stuff :)