Anybody got any experience with anything like this

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by IRON-EYES, Feb 19, 2019.

1. My dog broke his hip and possibly his back I need advice so far I'm doing hydrotherapy on him using a converted Footlocker/hottub with a non-elec treadmill in the bottom and building him a wheelie cart chair kind of thing...

• Like Like x 1
  2. The COOLEST dog ever too I traded 10 cigarettes for him in Mexico when he fit in my pocket he was 5 weeks old now he's pushing 10

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Aww, poor thing! Did you take it to have xrays to make sure stuff heals correctly. I have zero experience on the subject but I’ve heard of people having to get stuff rebroke to have it set correctly

4. #5 GrasscityGal, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    :-[

5. I don’t have much helpful knowledge on this... just makes me upset knowing little man is in pain. Hope all gets well soon !

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Get your pup some CBD!
    Not only does CBD ease pain (without a confusing "high"), but it helps bones heal stronger!

the-bored-ninja.tk researcher Yankel Gabet explained:

“We found that CBD alone makes bones stronger during healing, enhancing the maturation of the collagenous matrix, which provides the basis for new mineralization of bone tissue. After being treated with CBD, the healed bone will be harder to break in the future.”

Cannabidiol, a Major Non-Psychotrophic Cannabis Constituent Enhances Fracture Healing and Stimulates Lysyl Hydroxylase Activity in Osteoblasts. (full – 2015) http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jbmr.2513/full

Hope that helps!

Granny

7. Fed him yogurt for ten days n he got up but he walk all WC fields now

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. 10 year old dog with a broken hip and back?

Did you get proper vet care? You seem unsure of exactly what is broken which doesn't sound good.

I would think it's time to let him/her go and let them be free of the pain they must be in.

9. the xrays were inconclusive had to have magnetic imaging done since starting thread
    yup
    Until the mri didn't know
    Hip was fine back was fine mri showed he damaged his spinal cord in his neck which was non operable he no longer has much feeling in his feet and legs
    nope

He walks and runs always wagging his tail roughhouses with his kids is everlastingly sweet to my kids ↵
    I mean the dudes still sexually active
    He exhibits no signs of pain
    He just walks like like he's had a couple drinks

An atheist Vet said it was a miracle from God
    I fed him a gallon plus of yogurt a day for 2 months on my mothers advice and he got up and walked ten days into said treatment had to have him made corrective/protective boots tho with the paws not having much feeling he steps wrong without them and he don't feel thorns or other harmful junk so it's the boots

10. Well good luck man!

Thanks for the details.

Seems you have a much better understanding of things than the first post indictated.

11. Thanx bro I posted this when the vet couldn't figure out what was wrong but he referred me to a guy for mri to inspect his spine that dude said he wasn't in pain so I gave him some time and tlc instead of going all Kevorkian

12. anybody who meets him is amazed at what a good trained dog he is he is a German shep pitbull mix and smarter than me
    :wave: blessings

13. Glad to see you back bro. I am doing amazingly in life now.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Sup brobro you still in norcal?

15. Yessir. Kick ass good paying job, my own place, and car. Had to quit the booze and drugs. Just weed only.

16. Big step bro well done whatcha doin for work? Rich n famous yet?

17. #18 IRON-EYES, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    All up in duh da ra dare ha heee!

• Informative Informative x 1