Anybody goin to PowerShift 09 this coming weekend?

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokinGurl, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Power Shift 2009 is about to happen in DC, and im super pumped about it.:hello:
    Is anybody else going?:confused:
    www.powershift09.org

2. I clicked on the site and it had a picture with a guy with a poster of "no coal". My city is powered by a coal power plant. My city has like 90,000 people in city limits and 500,000 in metropolitan area. What the fuck does that mean for us if coal stops getting mined??? Coal labor is bad and dangerous but it has gotten safer. Idk I need to look into it more. But my city would be fucked.

3. Its full of shit!
    al gore created global warming which there is no such thing as global warming. It just a natural process.

4. Truth.

5. A study completely irrelevant to global warming done in the early 1900's like 1910. This guy took a bunch of what we call today (green house gases) in a small compact area and shone light through it or some shit. Anyway it showed that the more green house gases had nothing to do with the change in temperature in that compact area. The temperature stayed the same. Simple as that. So saying the more green houses gases that get stuck in our atmosphere is going to cause the global temperature to rise is bullshit. Complete fucking bullshit. Everyone who believes in global warming should read this and look into the study.

6. Global warming is happening, were speeding it up.
    Al Gore is funding part of it, not orchestrating it. Sheesh.
    Im sure everyone thats going to this conference thinks the same exact thing as Al Gore *sarcasm*
    We need to treat our planet better, because were making it deteriorate faster.
    The whole point of this thread was to see if anyone else from GC was goin to powershift, not to start a debate.

7. Treat our planet better..... The earth with its current natural resources can only support 5.4 billion people. Were at 6.8 billion and were going to hit 7 and 8 billion in no time. A bigger population gets bigger quicker. This means more desertification of lands meaning nothing can be grown. Increased number of famines. Global deforestation. All sorts of shit. We are fucked. Also global warming is nothing but a mere hoax. Its complete bullshit. The idea that green house gases in a compact area ( the atmosphere) causes more heat has been denied. The only thing we can do which is the worse and saddest is to reduce our population.... If we really want to save humanity. The only thing I agree with the whole global warming thing is we need to take a step in getting closer to cleaner air and stop all the acid rainfall that is ruining the planet.

8. .........I dont care about politics, or beliefs around it. I have my opinion, you have yours, la-de-dah. I can respect that and not try to argue it out.
    Again, all I wanted to know is if anyone was goin from GC. period.
    It gets soooooo annoying when all people wanna do is argue over shit.

9. Global warming is part of the politics. Everybody likes to argue no matter what. We have science proofen that global warming is a scam. Al gore just wants to create more taxes. global warming taxes, co2 taxes. See, it just a scam....

We are changing to green no matter what..... Technology is improving, it just takes time. We're passing the oil age. It just a natural process.

10. i remember the LAST time there was massive industrial growth fueled by petroleum. There was no global warming at all!

Actually, sirs, the last time there was a widespread planetary warming, which was in fact attributed to a drastic increase of the CO2 levels in the air, the Earth naturally took care of the whole problem!

It was slowly absorbed in the oceans, where it slowly compounded in organic materials over thousands of years and turned into...

...surprise! Oil.

Good thing we've been digging it all out of the ground and burning it and putting it all back into the air!

Global warming sucks and is a product human activity.

That being said, the Earth is also slowly migrating to a less-eliptical orbit to a more circular one, increasing yearly average temperatures anyway.

1 and 1 = 11

And if more HUMAN BEINGS are trying to take advantage of such a crisis for profit, so be it. We're all greedy bastards deep down anyway.

And the Earth will go on, with or without us. Doesn't really matter how hot it gets...

To quote Doctor Malcolm, "Life...will find a way"

11. Arguing over the internet is especially pointless.
    People sit behind computer screens just trying to start shit that in real life they probly wouldnt be ballsy enough to say anything or find a reason to comment on it.
    All I asked was a simple question. Thats all I wanted to know/care about.
    So have fun "debating" this out, cuz im taking myself outta it. Ridiculous!

12. No, arguing what makes you smart. We have politics section where we argue all the time. We have manors.

Arguing to trolls is what stupid.

13. #13 SmokinGurl, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
    NAMECALLING, HUH? YOUR MATURE.
    YOU COULD PROBABLY ARGUE WITH A FUCKING TREE.
    WELL, YOUR NAME DESCRIBES YOU. WACKDEAFBOY=WACK.
    WELL I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT AL GORE, OR SUPPORTING HIM.
    DO YOU RECYCLE? DOUBT IT. DO YOU TRY TALKING TO YOUR CONGRESSMAN? DOUBT IT. ARE YOU AN ACTIVISTS? DOUBT IT.

IF YOU DONT SUPPORT THE CAUSE, OR BELIEVE IN ANY ISSUES, THEN THIS THREAD DOESNT CONCERN YOU.

IM DONE NOW. i HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE ARE DOUCHEBAGS OR TRY TO START SHIT WITH ME OVER NOTHING, WHICH IS WHAT IT REALLY BOILS DOWN TO.

OH, AND LEARN HOW TO SPELL.

Edit: Let's all ease up a little bit. There's been too much bickering going around lately to even think about starting any more... -Durchii

14. You are supporting BIAS INFORMATION.

stop spreading false information.

15. You should smoke a bowl and calm down.

SIMMAH DOWN NAH!

16. She does that a lot. Just ignore her, she just wants attention.

17. global warming is happening just not from co2 emissions....its just a natural process and it will stop and cool down eventually

al gore is a piece of shit liar....hes just using global warming to make profit and get his name around in politics....funny how he preaches so much about how we need to stop using so much energy and its up to society when his personal mansion uses up 8 times as much power as a regular sized house...for you nitpickers out there i dont have the fucking works cited page on where i got that info, i just heard it on a talk show

and why does everyone always fall into the trolls traps on this website?