Anybody ever buy a defected pipe?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by TDWPfan111, Mar 28, 2010.

1. I recently bought a small glass pipe for 20 dollars that has the style of a piece I've been looking for for ages...

I got home and used it a couple times with a glass screen and noticed it really dosent hit properly, took the glass screen out, better but still really messed up.. its really hard to inhale air off it..

I cleaned it real good with ISO and salt to take a better look, and its like theres a glass bubble or some sort of defect blocking the air flow in the spoon..

I obviously didnt put my mouth onto the spoon before I bought so I wouldnt have really known it was defected..

I wasnt concerned about the money, but it sucked throwing it away because of the glass design/colors...

2. That sucks I've never bought a defective piece but I haven't bought that many pieces. Can't you take it back? If it's defective they shouldn't have sold it to you in the first place.

3. Yea if you buy a cheap spoon from those chinese people that just sell it on the street its most likely gonna hit you back in the ass

4. why is there always so much hate towards the Chinese? Just because lots of glass is produced in China and bought by your LHSs doesn't mean that all Chinese people are bad and produce poor quality. If everything was so bad, then why do the big name brands of basically everything have some sort of contract with a Chinese factory?

Also, why can't there be actual independent Chinese glass blowers? What's the difference between a white, black, asian, whatever glass blower? Each have their own set of skills and artistic abilities.

5. Can't you try and poke the bubble to break it?

6. [​IMG]

7. yeah one time in canada my ex gf bought a super tiny bubbler, we went out to smoke it and realized it was either totally sealed or blocked by something, but no air was pulling through whatsoever... kinda sucked

my buddy once bought a really weird shaped cheaply made pipe (idk why the hell he bought it)

it was like a longass pipe with some tacky bubbles and totally clear... it had "2 chambers" and the outside chamber had a carb on it.. well that was really just like a fake carb basically- it went into the "outside chamber" and the main section of the pipe was inside of this chamber but sealed off which effectively made the carb useless

it hit like shit and he always used the carb even though it did nothing at all lol :confused: