Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anybody else watch the Marijuana special on the History channel?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by skaman, Feb 25, 2007.

1. It was called Hooked: Marijuana. I learned assloads and I watched it with my mom. It basically told me the government used the illegalization of Marijuana to get the Mexicans out of the country. WTF And in the report to congress it said something about " Negros and people of Latin descent use Marijuana" So basically it was made illegal out of racism, cool.

2. yea I saw- sad thats why MJ was made illegal...at one point every drug in the book was legal back then

3. i watched this, along with some other show on drugs while my parents were downstairs, it seemed akward watching it with them

4. yeah ive seen it before.

5. and they banned Opium because Chinese workers were able to perform too efficiently and owned american workers. aint our country great?

6. i saw it, its some boring shit.
    Legal or not I'ma be high!

7. Fuck right, the man can tell me to stop smokin', but im'a keep tokin'.

8. #8 Deleted member 48448, Feb 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2019

9. they play that on the history channel all the time they have one for lsd, one for cocaine, and one for ecstacy, and one for opium I think

10. Yea, I've seen it...to me I find it really interesting. They do go against drugs but so what...the information they present is interesting. I liked the ones they did on amphetamines and all...and how heroin was legal and sold at sears and all in like starter kits.

11. Fuck Harry J Anslinger!

12. Should you ever be confronted, with the temptation of taking that first puff of a marijuana cigarette DONT DO IT!!!!

13. Yeah that vid. has been posted here twice already (once by myself)

good vid though. pretty eye opening

14. Yeah. The anti drug commercials/ads back then are priceless.

" Marijuana will make you go insane and go on a killing spree!"

HAHAHAHA!

15. I remember talking with my English teacher in high school (who was a massive pothead), and according to him, Mary Jane was illegalized along with Alcohol from 1920 to 1933. Of course, there was an uproar about alcohol being illegalized, so they changed it; and according to him, Marijuana would have been legalized too, but it just wasn't as popular back then.

This is just what I've heard, I havent done any research on this.

16. It's interesting to see how peoples attitude to marijuana has changed so much. People hated it for racism, then for health, now for it's social issues. Guess if you tell somebody something enough times they'll believe it.

17. The anti-marijuana arguments keep evolving as their arguments are shot down. This is because there are people invested in keeping marijuana illegal. So while at first their argument was that marijuana caused insanity in the "degenerate" races, it then became that it was just as bad as harder drugs, and now it's that it has no health benefits and is for losers who sit on their couch all day.

Hopefully as time goes on America will open it's eyes. In the mean time, let's hope that grassroots legalization efforts succeed. (A legalization proposition in Nevada failed 46%-54%, the gap is closing).

18. Seven syllables have never rolled so beautifully off the tongue.