Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Anybody else trying CBD Flower?

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by WillDarby, Feb 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. #1 WillDarby, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2021
    For some background, my friend had introduced me to CBD oil for my anxiety a while ago and I was buying from Bluebird Botanicals. I've always been super sensitive to THC content, and have never liked getting high. Recently I bought some CBD flower from spammer link removed - ICGreen and I've absolutely loved it. Is anybody else trying this stuff? What strains would you recommend? I've tried Sour Space Candy and Elektra.

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 baconman1945, Feb 21, 2019
    Very few strains make it across state lines at all, let alone under the same names so I use CBD flower daily, but I'm not familiar with those strains. Personally, I've purchased a few types of CBD flower from dispensaries, but I've found it to be much more economical (and fun) to grow my own. I purchased some high CBD seeds from an old collective before the state shut them down. I grew a few out, re-vegged them, tested the flower to confirm CBD content, and kept one for a mother -now I have a nice, purple 11.78% CBD/5.59% THC strain that I can call my own! (obviously cannabinoid content will fluctuate somewhat grow-to-grow, but it'll be around there)

edit: welcome to GC, op! Just saw that today is your first day.

• Like Like x 4
  3. I'm talking about high CBD "industrial hemp" (cannabis with less than 0.3% thc content), a lot of these places like bluebird botanicals etc ship their oils to all 50 states. I'm curious if anybody else is trying the federally legal CBD strains? I've only tried Berkshire CBD and Tweedle, but I definitely prefer Berkshire's.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Wife (20:1) is my staple strain here. I mix it with other strains trying different CBD/THC ratios, or use it by itself when I need to be out and about during the day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. i'm growing R4 seed sourced from new 420guys seeds ,it has 20% cbd 0.3%thc supposedly. Have a look at my journal
    How does your garden grow...
    it's a clone of a female that i self pollinated ..see..
    using colloidal silver , how long for?
    i have smoked some of the leftover kif after getting the seeds out, it smells and tastes like earth with a faint eucalyptus scent, and a little green (expected, it wasn't aged) and most definitely relaxes the body .

6. Dinafems dinamed

• Like Like x 3
  7. I belive its as close to 0% as you can get it

8. I'll give it a shot, thanks!

9. Growing Dinamed CBD about 4 weeks from sprout right now. I just got a high CBD from Aurora cannabis in Canada called temple and it is 0.5%THC and 12.8% CBD. Nice daytime smoke to relax but not get stoned

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gave it a shot - I'm a fan!

11. This R4 is starting to look like what the doctor ordered.
    DSCN3934.JPG DSCN3935.JPG DSCN3936.JPG DSCN3937.JPG

Attached Files:

12. Tried some from an LP, 13% CBD 1-2% THC. Didn't do much for me, but definitely enjoyed smoking it.

13. #13 svedka, Jun 11, 2019
    I've tried some and have posted on CG about them but can't recall which threads.. Harle Tsu is one that they claim is 14-1 CBD dominant which is OK but didn't do much for me... i supplement with CBD oil from CBDistillary the 1000MG full spectrum.

Just days ago i found a prepackaged brand in a shop that is Sour Space Candy which i like a little better due to aroma and flavor.. You mentioned you tried it already... It's comes from GoodCBD which is their website as well but i couldn't find it there for retail purchasing. This is 100% hemp should be legal in all states but laws are changing all the time now that FDA is causing a stink.

Also watched this video over the weekend that has sparked interest to try it..
    The guy who made the video commented -----
    "I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and effect of these CBD Flowers. The 1oz bag of Pineberry has 12.1% CBD, CBDa, CBG, and CBN. Cannabanoids vary by batch. The Pineberry is definitely my favorite strain. " ----
    If you watch it you too will likely want to try it if flavor and aroma including no throat burn is what you are looking for.. i enjoyed the presentation and now follow his channel...

14. #14 spoky333, Jul 3, 2019
    hey WillDarby, my personal opinion is that Cannatonic strain is one of the best for anxiety and stress.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Thats super cool that you grow your own :weed: I wish I had the means to do so myself!!

Have you written about your experience elsewhere?

16. Have a half cbd half thc strain growing.
    Best smelling pheno in the garden

17. I have some CBD-1 in the tent. Its aka Candida. Very nice smell and very little THC. I normally mix with normal herb to make a 50-50 mix.

18. a question for those of you who have grown hemp.... when in the flower stage, does it have as potent a smell and does pot?

19. If by hemp you mean low THC cannabis then yes it does indeed smell exactly like normal cannabis when in flower. The stuff we get up here is <1% THC and cant be differentiated from normal pot by smell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I love the Pure Sun Farms CBD (I think it's called) helps me feel excited and confident. Also the Harlequin strain. Definitely isn't overbearing and anxiety driven.

• Agree Agree x 1