Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anybody else read this?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by zappierdesert, Dec 18, 2011.

1. i couldn't read it cause i deleted my facebook.

Seriously fuck that website.

2. Hahaha I'm only on it to talk to a few buds. But until I get a new phone, lovin' FB.

3. Caused too much unnecessary drama for me. Stupid girls I went to school with seemed to think that they still were on the top and I got tired of dealing with their dumb bimbo asses.

Ever since I closed my account, so much more free time to toke :bongin:

4. lol. Someone for once posts something interesting and thought provoking in apprentice tokers and the topic gets changed to facebook.

you have disappointed me GC.

5. Well to be fair, those of us who don't have a facebook can't really read it. So all we have to talk about is facebook haha

6. Teen marijuana use at a 30-year highPublished 2 days ago

Samantha Stainburn
    for GlobalPost
    Like this source
    Marijuana use among US teenagers is at a 30-year high, according to a nationwide survey from the National Institute on Drug Abuse. The survey found one out of every 15 high school seniors smoked pot on a daily or near-daily basis, numbers not seen since 1981, CBS News reported.

The “Monitoring the Future” survey, conducted by researchers at the University of Michigan, found that more than 36 percent of high school seniors, almost 29 percent of high school sophomores and 12.5 percent of eighth-graders used marijuana in the past year, CBS News reported.

One reason why marijuana use in increasing is that “the perceived risk is down” which creates “the norms against its use to weaken,” Lloyd Johnson, the survey's principal investigator at the University of Michigan, told the Christian Science Monitor.

US Drug Czar R. Gil Kerlikowske told the New York Times that he also blames the wider availability of medical marijuana. “These last couple years, the amount of attention that's been given to medical marijuana has been huge,” he said. “And when I've done focus groups with high school students in states where medical marijuana is legal, they say, ‘Well, if its called medicine and it's given to patients by caregivers, then that's really the wrong message for us as high school students.'”

While marijuana use is up, the survey found students indulging in other vices less. Cigarette smoking among all three grades has dropped 60 percent over the last 15 years, the survey said, according to the Christian Science Monitor. There's less binge drinking than ever before, with only 22 percent of students admitting to consuming more than four or five drinks in one sitting versus 41 percent in 2006. And researchers found that use of other drugs, including crack, cocaine, over-the-counter cough and cold medicines, sedatives, tranquilizers and prescription drugs like Adderall, had also declined, the New York Times reported.

This is what it was for people who don't have a facebook, Its actually pretty interesting.

7. touche

8. #9 smoke lota dope, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
    What?
    Oh I see the article now. Yeah thats bullshit, I live in Florida and were the strictest state on weed, and about 70-80% of my high school smoke. (1500 kids)

9. I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't admit to smoking to a random person

10. Here's the raw link to the article:
    Teenage marijuana use at a 30-year high

Interesting article, though it doesn't necessarily surprise me.

Surely that skews the data somewhat, but either way, there are a lot of high schoolers that smoke weed. :p

11. Hahahah lets get that rate up past the where it was in the 70s. in 1981 the peak from the 70s was over. maybe in a few years we can set another record.

Way to go high schoolers.

Smoke it if you got it. If you dont got it then get it