Anybody else notice that 75% of Marines are douchebags?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MosDef, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Pretty much.

2. Hm. Not following you. Oh well.

3. agreed, some people just don't get it i guess...

4. I think your math needs work man. If every marine you've ever met was a douchebag that's 100%, not 75.

5. Amen to those statement, brother.

How can you critisize the modern warriors of our nation? I mean, they only fight fucking terrorists and risk their lives for our countrys freedom. Your display of ungratefulness shows your inapreciation for the military. Might i add one of the supreme militarys of the world.

6. Not all are duche bags I know some cool ones and dare I say even some smart ones. However on the average anyone who decides to serve their country by enlisting and says to themselves...I want to storm a beach or get dropped into a desert or jungle with a machine gun and be cannon fodder...well isn't the brightest light bulb in the bunch...If they were they would join the airforce:p

7. some are cool some a Dbags. I think in the marines, the weaker minded develop egos and the "rambo" complex. The OP wasnt saying ALL marines are douchebags, just like ALL christians arent ignorant and dumb, but theres always some truth to stereotypes.

When you have a feeling of power it's easy to lose who you really are and become douchy thinking you are better than other people. The Marines are tought to have pride in their jobs, it's part of the brainwashing they use to get you to serve the country so they dont have to draft.

8. #88 MosDef, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
    You are correct I have no respect or appreciation for the military. Just because you are in the military doesn't mean I respect you. I can come to respect them through their actions while being there...but simply being in the Marines doesn't impress me. Majority of them don't even sign up for noble reasons or to protect America's freedom (lol.. this is an entire other topic up for debate)...they sign up because it's what's best for THEMSELVES at the time. Whether they need money for college, didn't get into college, family was in the military, want to escape home life, have crazy obsession with violence and guns, etc. Don't act like these guys are heroes because the STRONG majority of them aren't.

9. I only know one marine personally and he's actually a really nice person and very chill. Probably cause he used to burn..

10. ^^^^^
    This. People have too much sympathy for the troops. Yeah war is hard, and bad we get it. It fucks people up. That doesnt justify acting or doing fucked up things. It's kind of sad how we justify the fighting with the word "terrorists" because most of them arent. They are fighting for their country, or for some reason that they believe is "right" just like our troops. We use the word "terrorist" which we believe makes it "right" for us to fight. Truth is, these are just kids shooting kids because they were brainwashed into doing so by either their government, religion, or parents.

I think people need to get it through their heads that our country and army isnt the force of "good" and anyone who doesnt agree is a "bad" force. Because "good" and "bad" are just twisted perceptions. I hardly think we did any good invading two countries for no reason. Reasons we had to make up. Soo yeah where are all those WMD's that we were SOOOOOO sure they had in Iraq?

11. Yea, because if a foreign power invaded the U.S, I'd go and resist the evil occupation by blowing myself up along with countless numbers of my own countrymen at the nearest Wal-Mart.

12. My dad was a marine, but he is a douchebag...and I never see him anymore so yeah I agree, even tho a touchy subject

13. i think 75% of people in GENERAL are douches :p but that statistic might come from the fact that I may be a douche too...therefore projecting my douchiness onto others around me.
    ewww.....i just got a disturbing mental picture of "douche projection" :eek:

14. well thats a bit silly i'd at least have the good sense to hide the bomb in a discreat location and move a safe distance before i blew it up:wave:

I didnt say what they were doing made sense. But religious fanatics in OUR country have done dumber things IMO.

15. Dude what the fuck is your problem, i was joking.... :confused:
    How was that offensive in any way??
    jesus....

16. Actually, I agree with him. Chill out man, you should try this stuff called weed, it supposedly makes you more mellow.

17. I would just like to say that if you think ANY member of the American military is a douchebag then you are a communist.

18. COMMIE PINKOS

orly

19. Im a canadian and what is this :p

20. A few of my friends are marines but they are douchebags. Will start a fight with anyone just to throw hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.