Anybody else notice that 75% of Marines are douchebags?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MosDef, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm surprised you've heard that and not "theres no such thing as an "ex" marine, just a "former" one"

But I guess its not as popular

Either way, everyone is different, some can't get over the fact they were marines and some can, and i've move passed it. Not out of shame, its just something I did for four years and now I'm doing something else..

2. anybody else notice 75% of statistics are made up on the spot?

3. Its a brotherhood from what I hear. Ill let real Marines expand on that
    Right, 'ex' Marine. I guess theres a difference

4. I heard something along the lines that any statistic ending in a divisible by 5, IE 0 or 5, is almost always made up on the spot. So if ya wanna lie bout stats make sure you say something like 73% or 78% next time ;):hello:

5. I worked with a husband and wife that were the sweetest most polite people . but we're afraid to tell you off when needed.

So by my calculations 100% of Marines are respectable nice people :rolleyes:

6. Herp DERP. This thread is stupid as fuck, your just upset that you couldn't ever be a Marine if you tried. Too bad the people that are marines that you know are douchebags, I feel sorry for you, your life must be terrible.

7. I think marines are trained to be that way, or perhaps a side effect. Also the possibility that those "types of people" are drawn to jobs like the marines. Why ? So they can practice theyre douchebaggery.

8. #68 sbrown, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
    92.67% of all U.S. marines exhibit at least one of these symptoms:

1. a massive superiority complex & try-hard behavior due to actual inferiorities like genitalia size, insufficient height, and past experiences with women

2. excessive racism from being sheltered and taught to fear those who may be different

3. a complete inability to socialize with any non-marine without ego showing

4. severe homophobia resulting from years of concealing their own sexual orientation

Notice: this study only applies to marines; not individuals in the U.S. Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, etc.

Marine Exhibit A: Here is David holding the puppy by the neck, and smiling, before he launches it over a cliff in Iraq.

[​IMG]

Marine Exhibit B: Latent homosexual with a rabid hatred toward all "gays"

[​IMG]

9. Im guessing you got this from the same people who say being gay is a choice?

10. my friend, who's a really cool guy wanted to join just for discipline, the money, and respect. with that being said, i know 3 more people from my old HS that joined. They were all fuckhead stupid and assholes. yes you are serving the country but you're still an asshole. your shit still stinks.:mad:

11. This may be a little long so bear with me. I find my reason and eligibility to respond to this pertinate being as: no I am not a marine, yes I am in the military. I have heard almost every stereotype pertaining to military personnel. Navy guys are gay, army guys are dumb, air force guys are cheaters, and marines are asholes.Okay, got it. Substantial evidence leads to the latter observations. Just understand douches are douches.Thats it. People know what I do for a living and I'm sure some have a predetermined perception.I don't have to play a part to dispose of these assumptions. All I have to do is wake up and be who I am.Nine times outta ten if your encounter with these 'douches' while they are on off duty hours, chances are they are just jack asses. Now I do believe that certain liberties afforded to them may contribute to them reponding the way they do but I concur that it never affords them the right. For example speeding ticket breaks.Cop gives me a break, cool. Wipe my brow, keep on pushing it. Cop doesn't look out for the cookout.WTF ever. What can I say? I was speeding. I'm not gonna rant and ask for his badge number, his superior's phone number, or blog about it on facebook. Some guys are just like that.Deep down if they have that type of personality, it will reveal itself.I went back once to my old high school after coming home from Iraq and need to take a piss. While there a kid walks in not noticing me in the back stall. He retrieved a lighter out of his pocket and went to get something else outwhen I made a move to the sinks. He noticed me and stiffed up. Not even returning his lighter to his pocket. I calmly asked if the bathroom we occupied was still the smokers spot. He just kinda laughed with a shit eating grin.I told him how I used to toke and split in that spot. I could tell he was still nervous but a little more at ease with the guy in uniform.All in all the marines cant be fully encompassed by a douchebag employ. If so noone would get along and no work would be accomplished. A asshole who fucks up your order for a double cheeseburger and fry and still argues with you is just a douchebag that happens to work at McDonalds.

12. When I was 15 I beat up a marine in a movie theatre. He was sitting a row in front of me and would not shut the fuck up. So twice I told him very nicely to stop talking to his girlfriend. He got nasty with me, so we started quarreling. One thing led to another and I kicked him in the nuts in the aisle of the theatre and then he left. I guess he was too embarrassed to tell the cops that a 15 year old girl kicked his ass.

Quick note: I don't consider nut shots "cheap moves". I'm a girl, I fight dirty.

13. It looks worse if a Marine hits a 15 yr old girl...

14. You didn't kick anybody's ass. You acted like a child and attacked a man where hes most vulnerable because he was talking at a movie? I can't believe you're proud of that.

Yeah... seeing as society frowns upon males hitting women as it is, I'm pretty sure a 15 year old would have been viewed as way, way worse.

15. I'd say closer to 90%. You know why? You have to be a fucking moron to join in the first place.

16. Yeah it's pretty moronic to want to be one of the worlds deadliest weapons...

17. The reason I refused to re-enlist, and left the military, was because of dickheads taking their job too seriously, everyone acting like they were Rambo (no matter what thier position), and the sexism/racism I watched every single day.

I actually think the OP's statistics are probably spot on; only about 1 in 4 people were worth talking to.

I still give advice to people that ask me about the ADF, and express their interest in joining, but i clearly outline the benefits as well as the problems they'll encounter.

18. Opinions are like bellie buttons...Im just saying....;)

19. Some are innies, and some are outies?

20. exactly:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.