Anybody else notice that 75% of Marines are douchebags?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MosDef, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. you are stereotyping as well. the marines dont have shit on the seals or snipers. not to mention the people defending the country (not usually by choice might i add) should leave their egos at home. just like cops they are to protect, most of them dont give a fuck about protecting shit but, their ego.

ive met quite a few marines, they are all cool right off the bat. spend some more time around them and you realize they are straight meatheads. they dont think like regular people anymore. in bootcamp they brainwash them to be this way, im not surprised so much as point it out.

2. Our freedom hasn't been in jeopardy since WWII, don't give me that bullshit freedom line.

I respect the idea of the military and I think there are many noble individuals within the military.

3. First off, you sound like an idiot. Your comparing average grunt Marines to Navy Seals which are an elite force in the navy. And if you wanna go there too, the Marine Corps answer to that is Force Recon....and the Marine Corps has snipers....

Of course people that protect the country have egos because they know people like you won't do it.

As far as the whole "brain washing" thing goes, this all depends on the individual person if whether or not they turn into a meat head.

4. i think its just a select few that ruin it for marines/ other similar groups

we see this with cops and god do some ppl hate cops.

humans are FUCKED.

humans + power/authority = holy fuck man why you like the devil in a uniform.

i feel like slapping the shit out of some bitch person (marine, cop etc) for thinking they are above another human life.
    just swing my whole body into their face with my open palm

omfg just like this
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8-XaxH9uTw&feature=related]YouTube - Hey Marine ![/ame]

o god do i feel like slapping someone

HEY MARINE BAMBAMBAMBADJKGSDNMFKSDHNGDF;KGD

5. 1: Your definition of what is a douchebag is, is subjective and personal. It means nothing.

2: Personal experiences mean nothing, at least not in a debate. Your personal experiences offer an extremely, extremely small picture of the larger, more useful picture. Think of all the marines you have had encounters with, and then compare that number with the number of marines that actually exist. Even if every single marine you met is a 'douchebag', that still represents an tiny, insignificant portion of the marines that exist.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you, this is what I was trying to say. +rep

7. Lol that bitch aint a Marine, her names pronounced "Mah-reena"

8. Even though marines protect your ass by being the ones on front lines. They aren't out at sea burning millions of gas doing circles around our globe.

If you knew a lot about military, you woulden't be disrespecting them...

9. I wouldn't say 75% are douchebags. Honestly, the douchiest "Marines" I've met, are the ones who say they're gonna ship off for the Marines, or the ones that just finished an ROTC run at a college.

For example: I met a Marine while I was in the sauna at the YMCA a while back. The dude shot the shit with me, told me about his experiences as a Marine, and by the end of talking to him, I was like, "He's a pretty cool guy. Not a fucking meathead tough guy, but a person who cares about his country and his people, and lays his life on the line to show it."

Then, I know a dude who's in a Marine ROTC at a university down here, and he's a complete and utter asshole. Hasn't shipped off anywhere, has just been doing basic, and he was a complete prick before he even got into the ROTC program.

Some people are just born as douchebags, bro, and out of those douchebags, some choose to join the Marines.

10. he must be from an Air Force Family (lol no offense airmen)

11. This falls into what I said earlier when I said there's two types of Marines its usually the guys who don't do shit or haven't done shit that give the worst impression.

12. I didn't get a chance to look back in the thread, but yeah, you're pretty spot on about that.

13. I completely agree.

14. Lol love this thread..

Well I'm a "former" marine I got out in july after 4 years, deployed to both iraq and afghanistan as a machine gunner, and when I wasnt there I was stationed on camp pendleton...

And i'll be the first to tell you..a lot of marines are douches lol. Not all of them, but definitely some. But I think they almost have the right to be, they do things and are exposed to things that most people couldn't even fathom. We're taught to hold ourselves to a higher standard, and that we're better then the average civilian, not that I necessarily agree with this, but a lot of the doucheness probably comes from subconscious training that they've had...

As for me, I dont even tell people I was ever a marine lol, I find that I get stereotyped way too often if I do. But I would definitely not consider myself a dick, I think I'm a pretty chill guy :)

15. Kinda hate the fact that the world aims at getting testosterone douchbags to defend them and rely on them. (cops etc etc)

16. Im guessing you are ashamed of your past?

I have not known one Marine to ever refer to themselves as a 'former' Marine

17. Please don't make attempt to make comments about stereotyping or "brainwashing" unless you truly understand the Marines primary mission.

You can walk up to an Army guy, and he might say his job is a cook.

You can walk up to a Navy guy, and he might say his job is a radio operator.

You can walk up to an Air Force guy, and he might say his job is a computer operator.

Walk up to any Marine. Their job first and foremost is a fighter. Period.

Sure, you may eventually be assigned and trained for a specific job within the Marines, but that does not change your primary training and primary mission.

My point here is outside of Special Forces, no other branch of the Military treats every single member exactly the same in this regard. This is also likely why this thread exists, because every single one of them share this same responsibility.

18. Ashamed? Not in the least. I didn't want to say i'm a marine, cause I thought that would imply that I was still active duty. Its used quite regularly actually by marines who have gotten out.

19. Uh...wat?
    I guess I havent met them. They all say 'Once a Marine, always a Marine' and they get pretty offended if you refer to them as a 'former' Marine

20. That's pretty douchebaggy...sounds like they can't let go of a title and move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.