Anybody else notice that 75% of Marines are douchebags?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MosDef, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #21 Zr-01stamg, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
    someone really gave me neg rep?? it may just be in my area but all the military men i meet besides marines are nice, respective, fun people but i have had several marines beat my women friends, cheat on them, and even rape a few here and there. now after that could you tell me there wouldn't be some bad feelings mistablzxe

all i say is fuck abusive douche bag ego centric asshats that are in the marines, not all are but a large majority in this generation that join the maries are sick fucking people

2. Undoubtedly. I'm in no way implying that being a marine makes you a bag of douche. I simply think that the Marines cater to the douchey.

3. I think we can agree on the title then

4. Ever seen Generation Kill? Marine Force Recon 1st Battalion during Operation Desert Shield/Storm. Seems to have a reasonable cross-section of the personalities one will see in the Marines, though as with everything else there are some respectable characters, and at several points they all point out some of the hypocrisy. I suggest seeing it sometime.

It's possible to "lift weights and shoot guns religiously" without being a douchebag (I do enjoy both of the former while not being in the military). But at the same time it is much easier to train those to fight when they have that aggression.

5. Then they become DEA or State Police Officers.

6. I was in the National Guard and I have a fair bit of experience with Marines. Their training is very demanding and there is a lot asked from them during their enlistment. It can change a guy. Some are pricks, some are great to be around. But if the shit hits the fan, I sure know who I want on my side!

7. I think this pretty much sums it up. A couple of my best friends growing up became marines and they were great guys. Have I known other marines who were douchebags? Yes.

You just can't judge a group of people so large by the few bad apples you've encountered.

8. Truth. I party in 29palms(for those not familiar with the geography of CA, its somewhat of a well known marine base[?i guess don't know much about the military, heh.]) alot, thus ive ran into alot of marines, id say its 75/25 the former being the douchey percent, ive noticed that alot of them have good morals/values but you gotta get around all the propaganda/macho bullshit that was forced on em.

But yeah, i have a few buddies in the marines that i would totally trust if anything went down

9. Yes, because the average "metrosexual" who doesn't have a hair on his ass (because he shaves it) with questionable character is exactly who I want wearing a Marine uniform...:rolleyes:

Douchebags exist out there, regardless if they happen to wear a uniform or not, but one way to ensure that you are considered a douchebag is to attempt to generalize about everyone who wears a uniform in a negative way.

And for the record, no I am not a Marine, but I sure as hell have respect for them, and more importantly the job they're tasked to do, which they tend to take "seriously". Go figure, when your very job requires a select-fire weapon.

10. The funny thing is that it's what those "douchebags", as you put it, are willing to do that makes it possible for you to be free to say things like that.

Freedom isn't free. Armed Forces pay for it everyday with their lives and their freedoms.

Just sayin'

11. Did scientists do a study in a lab to get that number?

12. One of my good friends is a marine. He's actually the one who got me into smoking weed. I even put some white stuff in my nose with him when he was in school to become a cop. He did become kind of a "tough guy" since he went into the marines, but he's still cool.

13. Regardless of them being a douche or not, they are willing to die for our safety as a country. I think you can turn a blind eye to those douche bags.

That being said, I'm sure there are some cool guys just as they're are douchebags, too. You putting that blanket statement out there is like saying all stoners are lazy good for nothings... which couldn't be more false.

14. some marines can be douchebags. i know a handful of marines, one being one of my best friends..they're cocky, loud, etc.

but they're also the most well-trained killers (besides the elite forces such as seals, rangers, usmc recon, etc.) in our armed forces..so..yeah, boom.

you can't really say that 75% are douchebags, but i know you said that just to get a point across.

so, do i agree with you? partially, but i can not just say that most of them are douchebags, because i don't know them. but i respect them for going through all the shit they go through so people can call them douchebags if they want.

15. I'm also pretty sure that your whole personality changes when you kill someone.

16. biggest d-bag i ever met is shipping out a month from now. all im gonna say.

17. i once witnessed a scene that would put most marines to shame. i was riding a train once and a big groups of marines were drunk and shooting the shit on the train with us. But they were dropping lots of n-words and just being very racist and insensitive when there were at least 4 other black men sitting quietly reading in the same car. It was such a bad scene i just got up and left and because of this one occasion i have a similar view as you OP.

sad, and im sure there are good marines, but this was a jarring encounter that will play into my opinion no matter what.

18. Straight up, if you've seen what they've seen, you would be a douche bag too.

19. #39 AYOOOOOO, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
    Ok Ok, I seen this thread and I just had to post. Lemme tell you guys how it is. I'm a Marine that just got out in June, I was stationed on Camp Lejeune, NC and I've deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan so I've experienced everything about Marine life. Marines are assholes because the world treats them so.

Marines have the shittiest living quarters, get to eat the shittiest food, train the most, sleep the least, and get recognized the least. Since Marines know that this is their life and they live it hardcore, a great amount of self accomplishment is only natural. How many of you can say you can occupy a new location in the desert not have a real shower for 3+ months, eat nothing but nasty fucking MRE's the whole time, while wearing 90 pounds of gear, ammo, and water, patrolling miles and miles while searching hundreds of houses for weapon caches, and worrying about IED's around every corner while your in a 7-ton(truck). To say 75% of Marines are douchebags is offensive to me as I have met some of the most interesting and intelligent people from all walks of life from gangstas from Compton to rednecks from Tennessee. The Marine Corps is its own culture and its a brotherhood, unless you've been in the shit, you'll never understand. Marines know a lot of civilians hate them, But trust me, Marines hate civilians just as much, why? because of shit like this. As far as the OP's statement goes, I think its more of a matter of your luck that 75% of THE MARINES YOU HAVE MET are douchebags.

There's two types of Marines: those that want everyone to know they are a Marine and flaunt it (usually the new boots) and those that try to blend in with civilians. I was the second type. When ever I was on leave, no one knew I was a Marine. I chose this because you don't have to deal with the usual dumb civilian questions and statements:"You ever kill anyone?", "How was it over there?", "You ever see anyone get shot?", "YOU BABY KILLER!" "YOU HARM INNOCENT PEOPLE!", "what do you think about the war", "whens it gonna end?" People have these questions because the media only shows the bad that goes with the war, they aren't covering the Marines that help build schools, they aren't covering the Marines bringing in shipments of food and water for starving kids, They're covering the stupid Marine who killed innocent people. This is why most of the people don't like military members. People never take into consideration that the Marine Corps is the tip of America's spear, they are the always the FIRST TO FIGHT, its not just a catch phrase. I'm sorry if I'm rambling but I'm kinda heated.

20. So many of you seem to be missing the title by a million miles. It says 75% of Marines are douches. Not hey guys... everyone in the marines is a douche bag!!! Obviously there are some good people in there. As far as I can tell though, every male I've known who wanted to be in the marines was an overly testosterone power seeking dick missile. I don't actually personally know any marines. I'm not saying they are all dicks either, although I'm sure some of you will read that somehow. I'd agree with the poster though, 75% of marines are douche bags from what I've read about them (no not on this site). As for how did he come up with 75%? :laughing: yeah because he literally means 75% and not just 'a good amount' of them. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.