Anybody else not embarrased staying in on a Saturday night?

Discussion in 'General' started by GreenPlant42, Apr 15, 2012.

1. My friends think I have some sort of mental disease or Aspergers because I don't like to "go out and party" with them on Saturday night. To be honest, I'm quite fine staying in and reading a book. I was beginning to think I was some sort of anti social freak until I read this:

Top 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts » The Definitive Self Improvement Blog - BrianKim.net

All of a sudden, it all makes sense now. All this time I was an introvert but didn't know it. It's like for the first time in my life, I know who I am. It's such a relief. I emailed that article to my friends and am going to keep a print out in my pocket to show to anybody who doesn't understand.

Anybody else a proud introvert and not embarrassed of the "if you don't go out on the weekends you're a loser" mentality in society today?

2. Most of the time I would much rather smoke and just chill listening to music or something, not much of a fan of parties.

3. I don't mind the occasional weekend night to myself, but I'd rather spend it with a couple of friends. I don't go out and party much any more, but I think a night with some good conversation and weed beats getting fucked up. Total solitude, however, isn't as appealing.

4. Exactly! I can't stand all the small talk and gossip at parties. Too much freaking noise and crap. Just want to chill.

5. I stay not giving a fuck :cool:

6. #6 Pass the dr0, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
    That is literally me to a t. But I actually wanted to go do something today and guess what happens? I text 3 friends and none of them toted me back, and the funny thing is I went to gamestop an got mass effect 3 an D I saw one of my Friends that I texted and I was like bro why didn't you answer me and then he try's to deny me texting and shit but whatever I'm happier by myself.

Fuck people

Edit- # 2 and 3 on that list are exactly like me, I fucking HATE small talk and in general I don't talk much but get me talking about something I wanna talk about like hip hop, sports or the walking dead I can talk for hours.

7. I havnt done anything fun on the weekends in over a year....i work a long weekend shift (friday afternoon through monday morning) and it really has had a major toll on my social life. I really want a normal 9-5 but umm idk having 4 days pritty much 5 days off in a row is worth it. Just noone is social during the week.

I woudl love to just sit home and chill on a sat night

8. #8 GreenPlant42, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
    That's what I'm talking about. I don't understand why people need to go clubbing where it's too loud and drinks cost too much. Some of my best nights were with a buddy out in the backyard, looking up at the stars and talking about what the rest of our lives were going to be like.

9. That's a pretty sweet gig! I'd love to have that actually. Do you work in a hospital?

10. im a total introvert, learned that a long time ago.

I hate partys and I hate small talk. id rather hang out at my house alone than go out anywhere. ive always had freinds but always in small numbers like i have just like 5 people that i consider my freinds

11. Nothing wrong with being introverted and staying at home on a Friday/Saturday. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

12. Yeah, I guess I am sorta both an introvert and extrovert, but mainly an introvert, knowledge is power and I just like learning new shit (via internet); but, I also like to hit the bars and chill with friends. There's prolly a lot of us that are more of a 50/50 mix.

13. do what you want man dont mind what people say

14. Good post. I have about 2 people I'd consider real friends. The strength of your friendships will end up mattering more than the quantity of them. I also know from experience that maintaining more than a few stable, strong friendships is like spinning plates. It's easy to have lots of superficial ones, though.

15. Wow, glad i came across this. This describes me perfectly, but i do like to party and shit.

16. I'm an introvert, and it's true, we DO like being social.. just not needlessly, or too often :) :p

Always have been, always will be, always happy this way!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id4G57HwTEs]gooble gobble. south park and freaks - YouTube[/ame]

(The above clip originally seemed like a good, light-heated response to the question, "Anybody else a proud introvert and not embarrassed..?".... but I thought posting it by itself might be confusing. :p )

17. I didn't do anything last night, not doing anything tonight. None of my 'buddies' hit me up, so i'm chillin' at home sippin a 40. Pretty bored but whatever.

18. I spend every Saturday alone pretty much haha

I honestly don't give a single fuck

I got my weed
    Bong
    Munchies
    Xbox
    My gf
    And the most important thing
    Is that I'm content

And that's all that matters
    people can say or tthink what they want
    But what are they to me

They don't pay my bills
    Nor do they control my life

So I do what makes me happy
    Or what my mind /heart tells me too

I've been like this since the begging of time
    I've lost a lot of friends saying the same thing
    But also made some chill and non judgemental friends aswell

19. i'm painting a chair on saturday night. i dont give a fuh.