Anybody else like me who simply doesn't need a partner right now?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by nire, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Now that I put it into words I'm sure there are people. I don't know man, like, I used to be that girl who wanted a boyfriend or just random hook-ups, and I had a few but I just kind of got over it fast once I turned 18. It just stopped being important. I still have friends who are always talking about boys and stupid shit, but honestly to me it's meaningless.
    Not completely, though. Don't get me wrong, I love having a lover. I guess I'm just really picky and really need to be comfortable with someone now. I don't want to settle and I can tell when someone doesn't have their heart in it. And if they don't, it just seems like a waste of time and a waste of something to be on my mind or to stress me out.
    It's just unnecessary, you know? It's not a mindset I don't think, it's more of a mood, because right now I just don't feel like it. That's simply it. If someone really interesting and really genuine comes around, I'll go for it. But other than that, it's just not something I need.

After writing that I feel like it's not as strange as it seems. Who's on the same boat?

2. Apparently nobody. Hahaha.

3. Well im too busy to have a serious relationship. But its nice to have a girl on my arm occasionally. No strings attached :) just enjoying the evening together

But yes Im happy single

4. I dunno. A relationship with someone I click with would be nice but what I have now is just too fucking weird and confusing. Looks like its about that time to go back in hiding and finish out the winter skiing till summer.

5. I feel it.

Just sorta kickn back, enjoying a conversation, drinkn a biit, having someone dream away on your shoulder.

Great night last night was. :D

6. It's hard for me to say I need one, cause I get by just fine being single, but it helps keep me out of trouble.

7. i live with my parents, i dont have a steady job, and i'm out of shape. I'd say i have more important things to deal with than a relationship. sure id like some booty now and then but seriously, i dont want a gf yet.

8. I've never been in a relationship yet since i don't want to pursue some fakeness thinking i can change their views when i would rather accept them naturally for who they are... Anyways girls these days seem way too brainwashed and just waste time on makeup/clothes/mindless drama and unknowingly turn themselves into the brainless puppets since its "normal" in society to act this way since a mass of people will live a lie since everone else is doing it. And another problem with a lot of brainwashing is that it is done on an emotional level and when people argue with someone they try to use logic, facts and reason to try to pursuade them.
    But you can't reason someone out of anything they weren't reasoned into to begin with. I've only known one girl so far that's been a true individual with an open mind but she already has a boyfriend. I also noticed how people who do too much online chatting/facebook that they lose their sense of "novelty" over time since they train themselves to speak with other people through just words minus the emotions and body language creating the "spice of life" in real life conversations to be non existent. In college there's this alright girl but she's just stuck in the rabbit hole of mindless facebook drama...so i approach her and say "look" to get her attention so she turn around looking at me and then i say real face to face conversation is true facebook...

9. i'm a guy and 100% behind you, relationships can be annoying and i'm just trying to do my own thing.

don't need a girl for that, but they are nice to have at the right times in life.

10. i dont like having a "girl friend".. but i have this girl that we both like eachother.. and we have been going out and doing stuff, just having fun enjoying each others presence and you know what..im having a blast with this beezy.:eek::D:D

11. I'm in a happy relationship with mary jane.

but outside of that im happier than ever alone right now

12. Came to the conclusion lonely is a choice. Now I'm just preoccupied ;)

13. You know, i've spent the vast majority of my teenage years dating until i basically turned 18, and even then, i had one girlfriend when i was 19 for a little bit.

But, basically, what the fuck do i stand to gain by having a girlfriend? Marriage? Fuck that noise. I have my WHOLE fucking life ahead of me, why the fuck would i want to get MARRIED?

And the other option is breaking up, which always gets fucking messy and then everybody has to choose sides so then theres people you can't hangout with and then you have sex with some of her friends and she flips out and fucks your friends and it all snowballs and turns into one gigantic clusterfuck.

So, in retrospect, it's not that i don't need a partner, it's that i don't want one. I'm sick of dating good-looking girls. Right now, if i were to date somebody, it would be an ugly chick who is super nice. That is the ONLY thing i'm shooting for relationship wise, which is pretty fucking sad IMO, but that's just the way things have worked out so far.

For me, getting laid isn't hard either, but at the sametime, i'm only 20 and im already starting to get bored of random-sex encounters. It's actually getting to the point where i've almost completely cut woman out of my life just to focus on chasing my dreams.

...Somebody save me, lol.

14. I seriously need companionship.

:(

15. ditto, I don't know if I REALLY want that though, but I think I do. It'd be nice to have some steady sex that's for sure. Plus gf's you can practically get them to do anything in the bed.

16. I'm on my second marriage...going on 21 amazing years with my soulmate :D

I first got married when I was 15...divorced at 18. Who woulda thought :p

So, actually...it's good that you feel the way you do. Take your time, play the field, and when the right one comes along, you will know it's the right one :)

17. Married at 15...

Not sure who to slap, you or him.

18. I'm sort of like that. It just seems logical that I should get my own shit together first before I invite someone else in to share my life.

19. Agreed. Someone said on gc recently something like, how can you expect a relationship to survive if you don't even have a stable sense of self yet.
    I'd more concerned in finding myself and doing things I've always wanted to do before I put someone else in the picture too. And yeah, how the hell am I supposed to get married and settle down and have kids when I'm still young! There's so much I want to do, I don't understand how some people throw their personal lives away for their kids (although I understand that for some it's not 'throwing it away')

20. thats just how you gotta do it.