Anybody Else Have An Uneasy Feeling About America Right Now?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BP to the DP, Jun 7, 2013.

1. 6 dead in shooting rampage at UCLA. I read this stuff daily but yet guns are still very easy to get these days. This whole gun control act is going to be as successful as "The War On Drugs". Like @Shaddytheman, I also don't really follow-understand political stuff.

Do people really need an Uzi or some other gun that shoots 50 rounds a minute? I could understand if it were Syria.

2. #42 shaddytheman, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013
    It's a matter of using the second amendment, "the right to bear arms" but give a gun to the wrong person and he will cause ruckus.They just need to create a policy or restriction because they are sinister criminals that are willing to kill for no fuckz given, how else will the person protect themselves? You can't use a knife because the time you try to stab him, one shot and you gone unless you're 50 cent. 

I would only use a gun for target shooting and to kill dear (hunting and gathering shit). 

3. Even though I do not personally own a gun (Not sure of gun laws in Canada) I agree that if a person wants a gun to protect themselves then get one. But do we really need automatic or semi? Everyone should be issued the same gun then.. LOL.

Knives used for murder cases is on the rise, especially in places where guns are hard to get. I don't even own one of those besides what's in my kitchen.

I still say that human morals have gone to hell and that in these days people will kill without even thinking twice about it and then go eat and sleep afterwards!! That's just F'd up. It almost bordering on being cool if you've killed these days.

4. The only murder I do is when I'm slicing chicken nuggets lol but overall, I get what you're saying.

The killers don't think twice about their actions, they just go along with it. But it's illogical though because what's the point in killing another person? Some kill because over greed, some kill over jealousy, some kill over envy, I just want nothing with do any of these acts. I'm cool with some gang members that shoot (old neighborhood has a ghetto) but I don't associate myself with that lifestyle. 

5. " I don't follow/understand political stuff", seems to be a growing trend, yet people still feel obligated to share their opinion. Its probably why there's so many misinformed opinions floating around.

Everyone would be better off if they're studied and understood what they were talking about before they started yelling their opinions from the rooftops.

6. Shit is about to hit the fan Russia wants to nuke us over gmo .we got a government who doent care about us.

7. You know in Switzerland every adult male has a fully-automatic rifle in their home and there are far less gun deaths and gun crimes than here in America where you have to jump through loops to get a class 3 license. It is NOT easy to get an automatic gun legally. However on the black market it is easy. I myself own a semi-automatic SKS that can pop off 7.62 rounds as fast as I can pull the trigger but the only thing I have ever shot with it is pieces of paper. If a criminal broke into my house fully armed (possibly with a fully-automatic weapon) I would rather have an uzi that is fully-automatic than a bolt-action sniper rifle. In Indiana you can shoot a police officer if they unlawfully enter your home. Now if that police officer breaks into your home with more advanced weaponry than the average law-abiding citizen I damn sure want something that is just as powerful or more powerful than what they have. The problem with gun control is that is sacrifices liberty for security and those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither. 

8. Yeah since I heard about the current administration listening in on millions of phone calls and requiring verizon and other carriers to comply, I've been kind of uneasy. It was sort of the last straw.. 

9. See, its important to understand politics so you realize that the government was collecting info on calls but nothing on the content of the calls, ie. They weren't listening in on you.

10. I don't think I need to watch CSPAN to know that people are going on mass murder sprees, corrupt government and all the other shit that's happening right in front of our eyes. Good luck with your political knowledge when someone puts a gun to your head and is going to kill you. :)

The way I see it, my opinion, is that the government is corrupt so why would I study them. A giant FU to them. I can barely handle keeping up with all the goverment scandals let alone their BS, half-assed laws.

11. I'm not saying you need to watch cspan or trust the government, but people should at least have a basic understanding of the laws and goings-on in the government. Rather than people continuing to spread misinformation or conspiracy theories based on heresay and misinformation.

After all, how can you form an honest opinion about the country if you don't even have a basic understanding of what's going on? And I mean a real understanding, not an opinion someone came up with off the top of their head that has no real merits.

12. I don't think I need to watch CSPAN to know that people are going on mass murder sprees, corrupt government and all the other shit that's happening right in front of our eyes. Good luck with your political knowledge when someone puts a gun to your head and is going to kill you. :)

The way I see it, my opinion, is that the government is corrupt so why would I study them. A giant FU to them. I can barely handle keeping up with all the goverment scandals let alone their BS, half-assed laws.
    </blockquote>Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

13. Um, they were and still will be collecting a lot more than info on calls. They've already admitted to credit card bills and other things that they shouldn't be collecting any data at all. I'm not a terrorist nor do I even have a criminal record so don't waste the money finding nothing.

The Russian intelligence agency (or whatever their called) warned the USA about the two Boston bombers and looked into it (they say) and said nothing was suspicious. WRONG! Then we have 9/11 where there were clues and tips about an attack that the US ignored and you saw what happened there. I could go on & on but I'm sure you are aware of the other many mistakes that were made or ignored.

14. It isn't difficult to understand the concept of politics, all it takes is a bit of annotating, research and analyzing. Just not interested in debating if it results in fallacy attacks, no change in perspective or no new information being assimilated. 

15. None of which entails "listening in on" the content of the phone calls. I agree, collecting any info unwarranted is wrong, but it's a far-cry from actually listening in on a phone call. Just goes to show you how important it is to understand what's actually happening in the world, rather than creating excess fear and distrust, and spreading misinformation.

16. Um, they were and still will be collecting a lot more than info on calls. They've already admitted to credit card bills and other things that they shouldn't be collecting any data at all. I'm not a terrorist nor do I even have a criminal record so don't waste the money finding nothing.

The Russian intelligence agency (or whatever their called) warned the USA about the two Boston bombers and looked into it (they say) and said nothing was suspicious. WRONG! Then we have 9/11 where there were clues and tips about an attack that the US ignored and you saw what happened there. I could go on & on but I'm sure you are aware of the other many mistakes that were made or ignored.
    </blockquote>You're wrong. The recent scandal is about them collecting the metadata for every Verizon customer. This means time, locations, devices, and other info but not actually the contents of the call itself.

What exactly do the Boston Bombing and 9/11 have to do with this scandal? Yes the government may have ignored possible flags but what is your point?

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

17. Yeah, I agree with you. I guess I know more about politics than I care to admit. It's just crazy these days when I watch the police, 5-9 of them shoot a guy with a crowbar 10 times even when they had a K-9 unit within feet of him just waiting to bite the crap out of the guy. Total over kill, I watched the video as it happened at a burger joint (Carl Jr.??) in the US. I've actually watched so many police brutality videos that it makes me afraid of them because I've never had any contact with them in my life besides a parking ticket.

I guess my main statement was that people have changed in that they don't care what happens if they kill a human. People are ruthless these days..

18. well with all the money we owe china its just a matter of time until they own us

19. well with all the money we owe china its just a matter of time until they own us

20. #60 Hypnotica, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013
    Dude or dudette, chill man. Haha. Don't get so worked up. You seem mad when its just a discussion. Read the title of the thread and tell me where 9/11 and the royal F-Up the CIA did with warnings from Russia who following the brothers every move doesn't relate to an uneasy feeling in the world. I guess I just would like total transparency (I know I'm asking too much) when it comes to our privacy.

OT- Wasn't it crazy to find out that it was a Hollywood (small time) actress that sent ricin out to Obama. I was like WTF? That chick is from The Walking Dead & The Vampire Diaries. Too Strange. :)

Edited- words without hearing them may come off differently on the Internet. When I read this back it kind of sounded a bit rude and that's not what I'm trying to do. I'm very calm at discussions and love to learn from others as I have in this thread. Please do not read it thinking I'm being rude, I'm nicely medicated and just looking for some discussion on here. Cheers!

@Shaddytheman, I really LOL when I read about murdering your chicken nuggets. Thanks, it was a nice laugh. :)