Anybody else hate watching television while high?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by LearnedDoctor, Feb 26, 2009.

1. im watching tv right now...

2. This.

3. i completely get what you're saying about everything seeming phony and fake. the other day when i was high I turned on Everybody Loves Raymond and about half way through the show I blurt out, "what the hell is this? no one would talk like this in real life" my dad turned around and goes, "no shit, it's a sitcom" haha

4. did it all last summer, spent my leisure time reading

5. I also dislike watching TV.

I only watch discovery channel shit, like the new Life series, or the history channel to learn some new shit about the universe, or UFC, or movies on HBO. Im not the kind of person to watch sitcoms or your average bullshit shows. And commercials make me want to fuck something up

What the fuck i just realized i already replied in this thread.............

/headexplode

6. Yeah I know exactly what you mean. If I'm watching an action movie or some drama the acting just seems soooo cheeesy, its like I can see straight through their charade and it just ruins the movie. Really, the only TV I can watch are cartoons like the simpsons or futurama when I'm baked.

yes, qfmft, advertisements piss me off to no end. It's so irritating watching them, noticing all the little things they're doing like pandering to certain age groups and target audiences with their bullshit. It's exhausting really.

7. no, I have a 50'' plasma and surround sound, and it still annoys me. I take back what I said in the above post about only watching cartoons, I love watching nature shows too. I absolutely love watching Austin Stevens while baked, that guy is the fucking man.

8. I completely agree.

Being high you analyze, break down, and compare with current events or even day to day stuff.

Which is why shows like Futurama, South Park, and Superjail are the best. Even if the episode isn't all great or you've seen it a couple times its always fun doing that shit. It's like watching a really tight movie over and over. You always seem to find something new.

But yeah, watching crappy stuff blazed just gets worse.

9. IMO, it's only bad tv that is bad when high (which is the majority of what's on tv). Same with movies. If the movies are acted bad, it is so painfully obvious to me when I'm high. Check out some good acted tv shows, like breaking bad, and you will most likely not think that it is phony.

I have a morbid hatred for laugh tracks when I'm high though. They annoy the piss out of me. I feel like they are put in there to try and make me laugh even when there is nothing funny. Just shut the fuck up and let me decide when to laugh. :devious:

10. I think TV exists for high people

11. I rarely watch cable. Chances are that if my T.V. is on, my computer is plugged in and it's being used as a big monitor. Shit's so cash. :)

The act of watching TV is so last decade...

12. i think when high we have a better sense of peoples true self, including ourselves. thus when people are fake around us, on tv or in person, we tend to pick up on it and not agree with it.

why cant people just be fucking real?

13. Really depends.

I am a huge fan of the Sopranos, but I find it really hard to stay focused while high.

On the other hand, I normally don't find Family Guy or American Dad, or anything on Adult Swim really, that funny. But when high, I don't really give a fuck, and sort of give into the childish humor a bit

14. It's all commercials!! I want to strangle that motherfcuking 5 hour energy guy so fucking bad right now, seen that damn commercial way too many fucking times.....I hate the TV period I guess, sober or high...

15. without TV id have to buy an expensive ticket to see the flyers tonight, i like tv

16. I can't watch television while stoned because it nauseates me. It makes me feel like everything I do is about this frivolous game that I'm forced to play, along with people who don't even know they're playing it.

I look to the people sitting next to me, and I know they don't see people like the animals they are. All they see is pretty colors and women. They don't see the muscles of the body, they don't see teeth as bones popping out of flesh. They don't know why they like what they're looking at. And I guess that's the paradox of TV. When you realize why you love it, you hate it.

And everything takes on a distorted, creepy vibe when I'm high. Like, the aura I perceive from a show that I used to enjoy changes from something cool into something idiotically sexual and false. Take The Simpsons, for example (which I can't watch anymore). It bastardizes the human form to further hypnotize you into believing you're not an animal, and this stupid game of "house" that you play every goddamn day is okay. When I get high and watch TV, I feel like I'm watching the movie Idiocracy happen.

Mary Jane shows me what is behind the curtain of my hypnotized mind.

17. Your a dumbass^

18. But yeah, I pretty much see right through the show when I'm high. It's like I can see how cheesy everything is. I can pretty much see what it looked like on set without all the camera editing and stuff. But, I kinda like it in a way.

It's like I get to analyze what is really goin down while making a movie. Idk, i think it's kinda cool. I guess I just like to look beneath the surface.

And the commercials are the same way.

19. definitely cant stand commercials, but love teh movies and (good) tv when puffin'...If its good writing and acting, whats not to like?