Anybody else hate watching television while high?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by LearnedDoctor, Feb 26, 2009.

1. yeah sometimes i just can't focus on what's happening in the movie [if i haven't seen it before] it's all just confusing as hell.
    yeah n the tv shows that i've seen b4 seem just not that awesome

but then there are other times when TV is the greatest thing since sliced bread...what was the greatest thing BEFORE sliced bread?? chunks of ripped off bread?

2. #22 Guadalope, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
    I haven't really watched T.V for about two years, other than planet earth and science shows shit like that. I can't stand the shit, like said earlier, I analyze, more, realize they're acting, I see how shitty the acting is, and how fake it really is. It just seems like a waste of time. Staring mindlessly at a screen. Literally not doing anything but gazing at it not thinking.

Last time I watched TV high was with my friend a week ago at like 6am-7am. We wanted to see what majority working Americans were watching before they went to work etc, Turned on the News, and I pretty much felt like my brain was under attack watching this shit....

Seriously the news is kind of scary to me now, especially when i'm really ripped. I really focus on the reporters, and you can see how with each topic, they switch of their tone of voice, posture, facial expression, eyes, lips, etc...

For example when the women was talking about news about death, murder, crime, she was have a different look, and move her face, and lips and eyes differently, then when she was talking about something positive.

Can't really explain it, I'd suggest watching the news, ripped, and just really watch the reporters themselves, and look at their body language when regarding certain topics. It's kind of eerie

T.V just isn't worth it, there is so much more to life than that stupid picture box

Same with video games, except I still play them, I want to give them up but I guess not yet. I've slowly stopped playing them though :) tend to let my friends take my turns in the COD4/Fightnight Round 4 rotations.

Kind of on the same topic, Anyone see Watchmen..... The acting and whole movie was just horrible.

3. lol I came to this thread to better understand why people love TV so much and i stumbled upon this thread. I love it. I couldnt agree more about advertisements and TV in general sucking major balls, being high just prolongs those advertisements . However i have to admit to watching Planet Earth and a few other interesting science shows, but even they have faults. Nothing is worse then being high and listening to a narrator talk slower than a burnt out pothead(no offence) i mean i dont know if its just me but it seems like even the "educational" shit on tv isnt even good. My brain gets bored with it, they talk in circles for an hour on something i could explain in 10 minutes

4. i like to watch movies. but i cant pay attention to tv show because of the commercials. (only while high)

5. Yall muthufuckas is watching the wrong movies .

6. oh man

im watching TV right now

im so blasted

and i feel the phony thing...on me

the TV seems right and im the phony

LOL

im blasted

7. I completely agree with you. Here I thought I was the only one. The only movies/shows I like to watch are things like planet earth and life

8. Unless its a good documentary or some animal stuff i will just get distracted.
    i flip the channel every time a commercial comes on and i never end up back where i started so after an hour of tv i havent really watched anything
    but LOST is great to watch baked, even if i miss half of the few details they disclose each episode

9. everything on tv seems so fake when i'm high. except for documentaries and stuff like that. i prefer to watch animes if i'm high, or if theres a planet earth i havent seen yet.

10. of i do.. its fake reality and we have enough of that already

but like Matt said ^
    i do enjoy documentaries and some anime

just fuck oprah though she ruins LIFE for me.

11. I hate tv. I only watch a select few shows these days.

12. No T.V. is freeing. I canceled my cable and have so much more free time. I love movies though, got netflix and pick exactly what I want to watch.

13. what kinda shit is this... If you hate tv.. Obviously you lack in the 50" 1080p Sony flatscreen with ATT UVerse HD DVR department.

14. what kinda shit is this... If you hate tv.. Obviously you lack in the 50" 1080p Sony flatscreen with ATT UVerse HD DVR department. Same monitor I am typing on right now.

15. actually I have a nice 32" hi-def tv... just don't like TV.

16. I like watching Ren and Stimpy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, King of the Hill, Cow and Chicken, Ed, Edd, n Eddy, That 70's Show and the Simpsons high. But I hate commercials they feel like they take forever. What I am completely abject to watching high or stoned are all these shitty Big Brother type reality tv shows, and stuff like the Hills.

17. You just gotta find those few good shows with good writers who can come up with interesting plots for intresting, and more importantly, good actors.

Also cartoons are cool too cause they are drawlings or whatever they do these days, not real people who suck at acting.

I stick to Adult Swim cartoons, AMC for Breaking Bad, an also whatever channel my Philly squads are battling on..like tonight i was watching Versus. Fuckin' Boston...

Oh, and you must FIRE UP BRO..

18. wow I didn't know there was such a deep hatred for television on this site. lol.

me, i love t.v and movies, id say i watch about 2 hours a day after school/work. Sports, movies, shows, i dunno, i enjoy that. is that so wrong? i realize that we're just sitting there gazing at a box but we are also experiencing something enjoyable. i love sports, so i watch my favorite teams play sports on tv and I play them in real life. i also like comedy shows because i love laughing, who doesnt?

i do get why people would think its phony though and i do catch myself overanalyzing shit when im stoned, but i get waaay into movies when im high and i just find them very enjoyable. shitty ones are funnier, and good movies are even better.

i still go on with my life even with the "deadly grasp of television stealing my life away:"