Anybody else excited for the new A7X album?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by RDMa7x, May 26, 2010.

1. Its almost time. Anybody else anticipating it? You think it will be good? What do you think the future will be without The Rev?

Their 1st single of the new album "Nightmare"
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApmKHzFLR1g]YouTube - Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare (Clean Lyric Video)[/ame]

2. I seriously cannot wait for the rest to come out!
    They will never be the same without the Rev. He was one of my greatest hero's.
    Though i do have to say i'm quite impressed with portnoy.

3. Yeah, I was a little skeptical when I found out that they were putting in portnoy, but after hearing nightmare... I think he most def does the rev justice. I'm def catching them when they come through sac. As for the future, I want them to keep going, but I can't see anybody permanently replacing the rev :confused:

4. I'm excited for it yes, hoping that Nightmare is not what the CD will sound like for the most part.

Nightmare to me is meh compared to ANYTHING off of City of Evil, or their self-titled album.

I believe Portnoy will do a good job, I just really hope that it is the case where the single doesn't portray the whole feel of the album.

5. I hear ya. I think this record will be their best, because of the hell they've been through while in the process. And all that emotion I think, put into music, will be good. I've heard people saying its kind of a cross between waking the fallen, and avenged sevenfold. When city of evil came out I was impressed. When avenged sevenfold came out I was very skeptical at first but, I quickly grew to love that album. Maybe my favorite. But they said themselves that wad an experimental album they produced themselves. I don't think/hope nightmare will be a letdown.