Anybody Else Do This?

Discussion in 'General' started by sikander, Oct 6, 2008.

1. I've always found it lent my smoking a new dimension when I would smoke in celebration of something, so if I smoke I usually look up today's date in the history books and see what I should smoke in celebration of. For instance:

Today is October the 6th, so hop on Wikipedia and I find that today is the 246th anniversary of the battle of Manila, which the British won. Hey, let's smoke a bowl for the Limeys for winning something!

I dunno, I think it's cool to look at a calendar and go "Shit. When Nero burned Rome down this is what his calendar looked like!" [Ignore the fact that Nero probably didn't go by the Gregorian Calendar which wasn't invented until he had been dead 1500 years]

2. I never do that myself - but it is a cool idea :)

..though I think you may be trying to avoid the fact that your really getting high just for the sake of it :D come on down and join the rest of us man haha

3. neat idea :hello:

knowledge is power

+rep

4. ha thats actually kinda cool. i think ill try that sometime.

5. LSD was made illegal October 6th 1966.

I can't smoke in celebration of that...

6. read my sig ;)

i do it alot actually, i love finding out what happened so many years ago

7. Good idea.

+ rep for wisdom.

8. tomorrow (october 7th) is the day god finished creating the world/universe

now THATS something to smoke about!

9. Never done it.
    But its a cool thing to start.

nice!

10. I knew the Devil was afraid of LSD!

Tonight I will smoke in honor of the first German immigrants to the United States.

11. Oh no, I'm totally aware that I'm just getting high for the fun of it... but it makes it so much more fun to be celebrating something as part of it. :)

12. true true

very cool idea anyway OP :)

13. Some things to celebrate today:

In 1889, Thomas Edison demonstrated the first movie projector.
    1987, Fiji got democracy!

Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Poland were all denied October sixth in 1582 to accomodate switching over to the Gregorian Calendar. Smoke a bowl in honor of their deprivation! Do what they could not: Smoke a bowl on October Sixth!

14. Oh my god... THATS WHAT I SMOKED IN CELEBRATION OF!

:D woo germany, been through two world wars and never looked better.

15. Hi Everybody! I just roasted a bowl and was all "Oh shit! I gotta celebrate something!"

So today I'm celebrating [copied and pasted from wikipedia because i'm too blazed to paraphrase]...

1968 - Apollo program: NASA launches Apollo 7, the first successful manned Apollo mission, with astronauts Wally Schirra, Donn F. Eisele and Walter Cunningham aboard.

Apparently today is National Coming Out Day. I'm not gay but more power to the people who come out, i guess.

If the damn Roman empire hadn't fallen we'd still be celebrating Meditrinalia, the origins of which festival are so obscure that people invented a Goddess, Meditrina, just to explain the fact that they're celebrating it.

16. I'll smoke one for this!
    October 10, 1973 - Spiro T. Agnew (1918-1996) resigned the office of Vice President of the United States amid charges of income tax evasion on illegal payments allegedly received while he was governor of Maryland and after he became Vice President. He was later given a $10,000 fine and sentenced to serve three years probation. He was succeeded as Vice President by Gerald R. Ford, who went on to become President after the resignation of Richard M. Nixon.

A lesson to the Palin supporters. ;)