Anybody Been to Occupy _________?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ska, Nov 4, 2011.

1. What's it like?

2. I haven't. I find my downtown area to be freaky.

3. I went to occupy a sluts pants.
    Giggity giggity giggity alright ;)

4. [​IMG]

:smoke::smoke::smoke:

5. I went to Occupy Red Robin last night. South Park ftw

6. ya, went to zuccotti last month..it was cool, lotta stoners giving out free beers and cigs and whatnot..I went on a Monday night and they weren't really doing much, didn't see any chanting or protesting, they were just chilling on the ground listening to music and shit haha

all in all, even if you don't give a shit about the protest, the one in NYC is just a nice place to chill and have a good time for a few hours.

Definitely would not wanna sleep there though..FUCK that haha

7. Haha on a side note I went to Occupy Providence and it was a fucking joke. Basically a bunch of Ivy League kids pretending they are under privileged and poor.

8. I occupied my chair at work today with my azz. Got no time for these kiddie games I got bills to pay mofos......

9. I was going to stop in at the one close to me and decided not to when I seen people hula hooping and playing bongos with signs saying "honk if you blah blah blah". Then a group of kids wearing skeleton and Guy Fawkes masks walking down the street trying to get some chants going. The leader was the loudest and everyone following him didn't seem interested in chanting and would kind of trail off..

10. My sister (who goes to NYU) said she lasted at Occupy Wall Street a whole of like 2 hours, until someone got tear gassed and that was a deal breaker for her hahaha. I think it's a stupid way of trying to change anything imho.

11. Yeah, can't really change a country founded on violence, sustained with violence, by being nonviolent.

12. Most of the protests sound like BS and just like a bunch of people sitting around not actually getting anything done.

Now this Anonymous group?

Now there getting shit done.

13. [quote name='"Mantikore"']

Yeah, can't really change a country founded on violence, sustained with violence, by being nonviolent.[/quote]

At least while the majority remains ignorant and/or apathetic about anything that goes on in our country.

14. occupy toronto, got to see briggett depage speak
    they speak the truth thats what its liike

15. I live in a small town and our occupy chapter marched on the court house.....

16. I went to two different ones. For about 10min though. Just walked through, saw some signs, and it was relatively uneventful. I understand this is great for spreading awareness about our governments corruption, and I try to keep updated on significant events at them...but I just have too much school to focus on.

Call me when the revolution starts.

Or maybe, if I can get a tent with a ps3, an HDTV and some skyrim, I will occupy that shit all day long haha.

17. Sarcasm? Occupy Oakland is getting attention, attention is something.

Anonymous is so scary with their DDoS attacks, I'm sure the government is scared of some wanna-be hackers

*they're btw

18. Checked out Occupy Salt Lake last weekend, a lot like the others. A tent city with a shit load of people chillin... I went later in the evening though so I didn't expect much.